What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammeraman

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I have a bunch of orders at OSB, but with a lot of delays, no contact from Wai Man, and not even one order delivered, I'm getting very worried.

The last time I heard from mr. Man was in march, it was a group mail regarding the delay of the Batmobile and MOS, neither of which I have heard more of, or received yet.
I have written him many times but haven't heard from him.

Do anyone know what's going on with Wai Man?

I see he's updating his Facebook page often, so he's still in business, I think it's very unprofessional for him to treat his customers like this.

I currently have the Batmobile, MOS, Michonne's pets, ED-209, and Robocop on order, so I have a lot of money in limbo.

Im still waiting for my MOS which was paid in January after they invoiced me and only just received The Crow which was paid with MOS

I recently paid for the 66 Batman and Robin hopefully they'll turn up by Christmas if im lucky

I'm pretty much done with OSB from my experience ... tired of playing chasing emails with them

It seems whatever shipping problems they were having last year has effected alot of the current orders too. It wouldnt surprise me if they still having the same problem now.

I guess it's just a long waiting thing with OSB nowadays as all i ever hear is "waiting to be shipped to UK" or "still in customs" comments

Still waiting for my 89 Batmobile and my DX-13 T-800. I was able to get some loose parts from a UK seller for the DX-13, in order to display both versions. I received those parts many months ago, so the figure itself should have landed about the same time.

I don't think i'll ever receive the 89 batmobile, i just can't see it happening anymore. If they really are being held in UK customs, then OSB should claim compensation from HMRC for excessive delays and pass that onto the customers. Most people received their Batmobiles 6+ months ago.

Most of my other pre-orders are with another supplier and will be from now on.

I'm still waiting for Man of Steel ordered June 2013, no response to emails and vague responses

Have lots of pre-orders but will not deal with them again.

I've used OSB for a few years now and whenever I've had to email them about anything I never get a response. I don't know if they just outright ignore any emails or if they just can't keep up with them but either way it's really unprofessional. I've been looking around at other uk sites lately to use as I've also been put off using them anymore.

I'm still waiting for Man of Steel Superman, ordered back when the preorder first went up, got an email in February I think saying it should be 2 weeks. Never heard another word until July 4th saying it should be with me in 2 weeks. Again, not heard anything since. Emailed asking about it but surprise surprise no reply. I have two other pre orders with them but I'm tempted to just tell him to cancel them. If I could even get hold of him that is.

WaiMan actually posts here sometimes too, so he may even see this thread. I posted in another thread a while ago mentioning that I never get a reply to emails and he was quick to respond and say he must have somehow missed it. But as I said, I've emailed him plenty of times over the years about different things and never get a response so it's not a one off.

That said, I do believe people will get their orders. I don't think he's about to rip anyone off or anything, he just seems really unprofessional with regards to communication.

i really feel for collectors who have not received their MOS, T800, Celtic Preds figures etc.... as i too is waiting on figures from OSB. There should be no more excuses ..... it's a total DISGRACE

They seem to set a certain day of the week to reply to emails(if your lucky) so they have back log of a week's of emails to go through. Funny thing is they always moan about how much emails the have to reply to blah blah blah .... seriously instead of leaving them for the whole week just reply within 24 hours and do things professionally. Ohh ... deleting posts on facebook is not a cool thing to do neither ... i posted a question on the whereabouts of my order and got deleted LOL .....

Paid for 66 Batman and Robin end of May with a note saying expected within 4-6 weeks .... what a load of crap!!!!!

I only have 2 more pre-orders with them ..... and all my new pre orders have since gone to another UK seller who's customer service is 5*

You might save a fiver or tenner here and there if you buy from OSB but from my experience it's just not worth it with all the hassle

When a new figure reveal was posted on their facebook page I saw a post on there from someone saying something like "looks good but I'm not ordering anything from you until I receive my preorders" or something along those lines. And I was interested to see the response but the post seemed to disappear. I think it was that one anyway. I wonder if he delete it then.

But yeah, I've looked at a few other places and while they are a little more expensive its worth it on principle.

well mine got deleted as i was hoping for a response but now it's not even there anymore LOL

It's little things like that which asks you WHY? i only asked the current status of a figure because all other UK sellers have it in stock

I think that's the big problem, the complete lack of communication. I understand that the delays are because they decided to try a different method of importing the figures, I think so they could order more in. It didn't go as planned and as a result they've ended up with a massive backlog of orders and customers are understandably getting frustrated. But if they would at least keep people updated instead of just ignoring any queries and claiming it'll be two weeks, then two months later when they still haven't arrived there's no kind of update. Just gives of a vibe of unprofessionalism and lack of respect for the customer.

I kept seeing people posting on the facebook page getting irritated because they had to wait and I just thought "well WaiMan can't help it, he can't make them get here any sooner" but after this amount of time and no regard for his customers and no interest in communicating with them I think I'm basically done with him too. Think any pre orders will go elsewhere in the future. A real shame after buying from him for years.

Russell, in the end your still waiting on your MOS figure ... IMO there's no excuses why you shouldn't of received it by now. Dunno about you but i really do get tired of hearing the same explanation from OSB regarding in coming stock.

From reading facebook even with the newer releases there's no sign of them i.e The Wolverine, Celtic Pred, Roadblock, 66 Batman even though UK sellers had them for at least a month. OSB used to get their stock in a tad earlier than the other UK sellers due to them importing from Asia and now they are so behind it seems their best solution is to keep quiet and make all their loyal customers wait until the stock turns whenever that maybe. Like you said no communication at all

I got my MOS figure from OSB before FP were selling theirs. Not bragging, just wanted to show that OSB have had the figure batches in and processed them. They seem to have ordered so many however; that there will be obvious delays in shipping them amongst other figures the customers are waiting for. I ordered mine within the first few minutes of the sale going live (same as I did the SS Superman PF EX...have a look at that thread to see the same thing happening) and I was lucky to get a delivery from the first batch in.

Wai Man and Maggie run OSB as a sideline. Low overheads mean low prices. I don't think they are keeping quiet on purpose, there are only so many hours people can work.

If you look at their fb profile today you will see that they are now spending 3 days on admin and not chasing figures or shipping figures out.

I find it kind of funny that customers complain via email or fb and then chase via email and fb thus increasing their workload and taking time from them chasing orders in customs, china or hong kong or them packing and sending out figures.

I feel sorry for the guys waiting on Loki or MOS or stuff like that but there are people chasing figures only just available in HK or not even out yet.

I think the reduction in orders will now alleviate some of the customs and shipping issues.

I have 66 Bats and Robin on Order, a starboost Iron Man and the T800. All were ordered the instant the sales went live but I don't care when I get them as long as I get them. I'd rather others get long awaited figures first to clear some of the admin backlog Wai Man and Maggie have.

I really hope your figures show up soon.

Thing is, as I've said, I realise they've had trouble with their stock coming in and some people have had their stuff and some haven't. And I understand that, I saw people posting asking where their figures were for months but I just said nothing and remained patient. But eventually it gets to the point where it's ridiculous. Even saying the delay is out of their hands, fine, but at least let customers know what's going on. If they're inundated with emails then at least just post something on their facebook page saying "sorry guys, these orders have been held up again,I'm really trying to get them sorted as soon as I can" rather than just ignoring the situation. He's happy to keep posting every new release on there so it's not like he's not active or doesn't have the time.

And as I said, it isn't just because they're busy lately that they can't reply, I've used OSB for years but I've never had a reply from them when I've needed to email them. Back when the 89 Batman and Joker was revealed I pre ordered them and at some point I thought I might be moving house so I emailed and asked if I could change the shipping address as I'm going to be moving. Never got a reply. Order came in and they just shipped to my address. Fortunately I didn't end up moving in the end or my stuff would have been sent to someone else. And if I remember correctly they were held up in customs too and delayed (although not as long as this) and again, there weren't really updates or anything.

I understand that people who have never had problems with them will want to defend them, it's only natural, but no one can deny that they're acting unprofessional or be surprised by customers frustrations.

I think they understand the frustrations of customers hence the latest facebook updates.

I'm not making excuses but collectors are a big part of the problem.

I don't think any of us know or understand though the sheer weight of enquiries/need for updates they are dealing with in what is essentially a part time job. I would imagine with all of the reports of the rubber problems with ED 209, there are a great deal of customers requesting refunds or cancellations. That is fair enough but it is a lot of extra work 2 people will have to do dealing with independent suppliers in HK and China and then passing refunds etc back on to people in UK. I doubt Wai Man and Maggie want to start receiving pallet loads of Ed 209's they can't shift for reasons beyond their control.
I know people are now asking online about the Bank Robber Joker 2.0, a figure that they may or may not be able to get their hands on. Why push with stuff like that when guys like you are waiting for figures that should have been around a while ago? All that does is hold your figures up, then like a chain reaction, works its way through every delivery until the people wanting BR Joker 2.0 miss out on the chance of getting the figure. It is a vicious circle.

I know MB and what happened there doesn't help the situation with consumer confidence but I see this as a different kettle of fish. OSB made a mistake with shipping and the backlog has caused a lot of hold ups. Added to this are the people coming in new to the hobby (see zavvi now shifting hot toys). I bet they sold more MOS figures than any other in the past and with the hold ups, increased sales, more customer commitments, constant emails, fb updates etc they are swamped. I think I'd be terrified to look at my inbox if I were them so I do understand the lack of communication....some may call it unprofessional and that would be their prerogative.

I hope this next three days they can keep people on side or let people down gently. I think if people want regular updates, OSB needs to expand with another member of staff. Another member of staff means higher prices.

I really do hope you get your figures. I have Batman and Robin ordered, I'm not bothered when they arrive like I said. I'd rather people who have been waiting a long time for Loki or MOS or even the Batmobiles etc get their products before I do.

I understand what you're saying, I really do. And to be honest until recently I'd probably have been saying the same. Whenever I saw people posting asking where their figures were I just sat back and thought "well, he can't make it get here any faster, it'll turn up when it turns up" it was annoying seeing everyone getting theirs and having to sit and wait, and wait and wait but I knew there was nothing to be done about it. But it's gotten to the point where it's unacceptable now. As I said before, I understand they can't get back to every single email immediately, but they post on facebook all the time. They could just post something saying "sorry guys, these are still held up, I'll get them out as soon as I can" at least then people know the score.

As for people asking about bank robber joker, WaiMan or maggie did post something saying they were getting a very small amount in and I think they said "orders will go up tomorrow morning" or words to that effect, but it doesn't seem to have appeared, which is probably why people are asking about it a lot as they don't want to miss out. So with all due respect to them, they created that situation.

I agree, it must be stressful for them, and it does seem like they've bitten off more than they can chew, but deal with it professionally and people will understand. Ignore your customers and people will become offended and upset.

I think Maggie and Wai Man think it has gotten to the point of it being unacceptable too hence the three day admin attack. I really do hope they can clear the backlog somewhat and I hope the customers understand. I don't want to see people pulling them apart and the business going down. Wai Man and Maggie are far from the lying, cheating rip off merchants that MB were.

As I said, I also hope you (and others) get your figures.

Thanks man., I appreciate it. :duff: I do 100% believe that everyone will get their stuff and I'm not here to just needless bad mouth OSB, but I think its good for everyone in the same boat to be able to discuss and figure out what's going on. As I imagine some people may be worried they're the only one being ignored. I agree, I don't think at all that they're out to rip anyone off. I just think they've handled things really badly. And it's kind of shocked some people because they had such a good reputation. Unfortunately I think they might have lost a few customers over it. I for one am certainly keeping my eyes open elsewhere for any future orders and I've used OSB for years.

In all honesty, you guys should try to get refunds if possible. I have seen many cases like yours over here. I used to work with the HT distributor in my country and your case is extremely similar to what happened to people who buy from parallel importers.

As distributors, we welcome anyone who wants to be a dealer but they comply with MOQ (minimum order quantity rules) just as we have to with HT.

However, they are dealers who do not want to play ball and will be selective about which releases they want to carry. We have no choice but to turn such dealers away cause we sure don't get a choice in selecting which figures we want to distribute from HT.

And these dealers will then have no choice but to deal with other dealers or distributors from other country who might be willing to sell them their stock. We call these dealers parallel importer.

It is risky buying from these dealers. Because their stock is based on the mercy of whoever dealers or distributors they are taking their stock from and obviously these people will prioritized their own customers first, parallel importer will only get like the final batches on the stock or worse, whatever they have leftover.

HT is actually actively discouraging parallel importers and HT will actually cut the stock of distributors who they suspect are selling their stock to other countries. When this happens, they will be a shortage of orders and the distributors will only have enough for his own customers.

I think this is what happaned to OSB. Their parallel exporter is not delivering either because HT actually caught on or the product is so good selling, the distributor is keeping it for their own market.

This will eventually create a domino effect where you have orders up to a year not delivering not because of delays or whatnot but because the distributor have sold out all stock and HT ain't sending anymore.

I'm sure there is alot of speculation and after what happened to MB nervousness, I've shopped with OSB for many years now and they have always provided superb service, I reckon after MB went belly up OSB just got even busier with more customer going to them so not surprised they are trying to catch up with stuff. Its a small outfit but always comes through.

I for one will continue to use them.

I'm sure there is alot of speculation and after what happened to MB nervousness, I've shopped with OSB for many years now and they have always provided superb service, I reckon after MB went belly up OSB just got even busier with more customer going to them so not surprised they are trying to catch up with stuff. Its a small outfit but always comes through.

I for one will continue to use them.

Me too. (x2)

Never used them but surely in this day and age they could set up an automated reply for emails and just alter it as needed? You know thanks for your email and faqs put on the reply ?

Back