1/6 Repainted Indy head - before and after

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's a recent Indy head I repainted. I really am impressed with the sculpt. There's just so much going on. Hope everyone likes it.

EDIT: Here's a picture of what the head looked like BEFORE:

Last edited:
Re: Repainted Indy head

Definitely among the top repaints of this sculpt I've seen, awesome work!

This has incredible detail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Nice work on this Brent, you brought life to that sculpt.

Thanks, yeah I had to play around with painting techniques for a project recently (can't talk about it yet) and this is the first head I painted since. And due to the secrecy of the other project this is the first head with the technique I can show off.

Had the chance to paint another of these guys recently but before I did I snapped a before shot to show how the sculpt looks hiding under the factory aps.

Vs. after:

Stills looks more like Ford as Indy than the HT sculpt ever did or any other sculpt so far. Your paintwork really brings out what should have been there to start -- Trev's wonderful sculpt.

Stills looks more like Ford as Indy than the HT sculpt ever did or any other sculpt so far. Your paintwork really brings out what should have been there to start -- Trev's wonderful sculpt.

Thanks, yeah totally agree about the sculpt and its place among the other Indy sculpts. I've painted a bunch of heads sculpted by Trev over the years and I think another thing the factory head has going against it is that some of the subtleties have been lost in the mass production making the final project a bit "soft focus." I mean the paint is bad -- the hat looks almost green! But if the stubble was more defined then the mass production paint job could have made it look more like a stubble beard than a hipster neck beard. I don't blame Trev, this seems like the factory's doing.

Last edited:
Back