Sturtrup Custom Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sturtrup

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm back from past! :horror A big Ciao at all the forum members! :wave
After a slow work, too slow, on my vader, finally I can show you my work. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,856
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,839
Re: Custom Vader

Nice work! What's the recipe for this? I really can't afford the £200 that Sideshow want for their 1/6 Vader & what you've achieved here is great! If I can source the same parts I can dodge the massive "Sideshow black hole" in my bank balance, do tell.... :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nice work! What's the recipe for this? I really can't afford the £200 that Sideshow want for their 1/6 Vader & what you've achieved here is great! If I can source the same parts I can dodge the massive "Sideshow black hole" in my bank balance, do tell....

Thanks Imperius, I dont remember how much does it costs to me, I've bought some of the parts in several years and now is difficult to calculate the total amount. Vader is a forever WIP and it's a pleasure for me to add a new better parts to him and improve his overall look.
But I've to answer at your question!! This is the parts that I've used:

Boots, chest armor, body suit and dome from Villain Vader hasbro
Chest box, belt and mask from epVI deluxe Vader Sideshow
Gloves and lightsaber from epIV Vader Sideshow
Inner robe and cape from my mother in law
The body is an old hasbro one that I've modified. This is the work for the future (next 5 or 6 years :gah:): find or make a best body! I need more posability!

Thanks for letting me know the parts required for making him, I'm currently doing a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter using sideshow & Hasbro parts & it's cost me less than half the price of an actual Sideshow Boba Fett, Lord Vader will be next! Thanks again! ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

3 days for put him in a new pose. :slap Definitely I need a new body. :impatient:

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,673

I've modified the chest armor, now his shoulders are wider.

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,573

try a kaustik plastic 03 since the o2 are hard to come by and alittle bulky imo for vader

try a kaustik plastic 03 since the o2 are hard to come by and alittle bulky imo for vader

Thanks Groovy, I need some inspiration.
Here in Italy 1/6 scale hasn't a lot of followers and 1/6 parts are difficoult to find (without spendng a fortune). I've seen the kp03 an kp02 on ebay at 50 euro (about 70 dollars) and it's most of what I would like to spend at the moment!
About your experience, hasbro suite is ok on kp03 and kp02? And it's compatible with sideshow vader head?
Thanks a lot for your patience. :vader

Honestly, I really like whatever body you have him on. The only thing I would change if it were mine, would be the chest armor. Maybe use the one from sideshow's new vader.

Honestly, I really like whatever body you have him on. The only thing I would change if it were mine, would be the chest armor. Maybe use the one from sideshow's new vader.

Thanks Dr. Odd! I've to say that now the overall look of this guy makes me happy me at all. You are right about the chest armor! I'm searching for one at a good price but is hard. (shipping costs)
The only problem with this body is that it's modified and it seems more statue than action figure. A statue with a pair of pose.

I've some better photos,

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,573
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,577
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,584

About the KP03, it's shorter than KP02 by about 7-8mm if that matters to you.

Thanks anwe, all the information about Vader's bodies are precious for me. Even if my "statue" starts to satisfy me :confused: :vader

mmmm :impatient: What can we do? ....... Yes!!! :slap:yess: I can ship you my mother in law!!! :newangel

2015 new body

It needs a lot of work but I think that the overall look begins to improve.
Any suggestions or remarks are welcome.

Happy new year! :fireworks

Attachments

• 2015def.jpg
    2015def.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 318
Back