Favorite 1/6 package designs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chev

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to ask around since I love some of the artwork on the packages. Some are simple, some are flashy.Which ones do you like the most? Also, you can show the ones you don't like too.

Here's a couple of the ones I like off the top of my head.

JOKER-BANK-ROBBER-1.jpg

joker-packshot1.jpg

Hot Toys 66 Batman and Robin
T2 DX13
MOS and Jor El
Aliens Big Chap
Sparrow DX
Edward Scissorhands

These are some that spring to mind for me

Hot Toys packaging in general would get the nod from me, though I also appreciate what Sideshow was going for with both GI Joe and Star Wars. Classiest HT packaging might be the Godfather.

How'd I miss that?

Who's Rainman? Is that a small company ... or a dude with a workshop?

SnakeDoc
In some ways, he's both. He outsources tailoring, casting, and some painting duties, but does head and accessory sculpts himself, paints some, and put out extremely high quality, high priced figures.

In some ways, he's both. He outsources tailoring, casting, and some painting duties, but does head and accessory sculpts himself, paints some, and put out extremely high quality, high priced figures.

How "high priced"? Are we talking HT prices, or crazy custom Joker prices? Might be interested in one of the Chigurhs.

SnakeDoc

When they're new, the prices range from around $500 (for an outfit/accessory/painted head set--not painted by him) to around $900 for the full figures with Rainman paint and special item, or more if he includes a DX accessory option. Chigurh will be higher than that, because it is only available on the secondary market now. I think I saw someone selling a fullset for around $1,500 recently, which isn't too bad for something like that as crazy as it may seem.

DX04 Bruce Lee, loved that one and had it displayed for a long time which is something I typically don't do.

BRUCE-LEE-Enter-the-Dragon-DX-04-Exclusive-Ver-with-Extra-Body-12-Figure_69713.JPG

The DX boxes are usually nice. I particularly like the ones for my DX10 and DX12. Also the 2012 Toy Fair Exclusive SWAT Gordon, Wolverine from The Wolverine, and the Classic Predator.

When they're new, the prices range from around $500 (for an outfit/accessory/painted head set--not painted by him) to around $900 for the full figures with Rainman paint and special item, or more if he includes a DX accessory option. Chigurh will be higher than that, because it is only available on the secondary market now. I think I saw someone selling a fullset for around $1,500 recently, which isn't too bad for something like that as crazy as it may seem.

Heh. So much for that. Its a cool figure. Not quite that cool, though. Especially for that aftermarket price.

Any chance of a Rainman Raylan Givens? I might spend $500 on that.

SnakeDoc

The DX boxes are usually nice. I particularly like the ones for my DX10 and DX12. Also the 2012 Toy Fair Exclusive SWAT Gordon, Wolverine from The Wolverine, and the Classic Predator.

I love the Toy Fair Boxes for 2012. I love the hard cover feel to them. They are very sturdy and durable.

Back