Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asmus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
As our development of Aragorn close to the end,
is is our honor to show the friends in SS freaks the first glance...

Any feedback is welcome!
thank you!!

DSCN7750.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Asmus Toys : Argorn thread

I think below the nose it looks really good. Something off about the eyes. Maybe too close together. Forehead seems to be a little high as well. From what I see of the clothes they look really good.

Forehead is way too large. Hairline is too far back. Overall the likeness isn't there.

Hairline and forehead are the biggest concerns. The eyes may need some work. But those crits aside this already appears to be shaping up to be the best Aragorn figure to date.

Good thing everyone pointed out the forehead, I almost missed it.

Blows SS away.

Agree with the two previous posts. Forehead is too high, eyes are too close, and also the nose lack of character. Under the nose it seems good, and the paint app for the beard looks great. Maybe take an example with this sculpt:

aragorn_new_1.jpg

aragorn_new_2.jpg

On this sculpt, hair, forehead and nose are just excellent. Anyway take some more time to perfect your work, I don't mind waiting a few months more until the product likeness is ok, and I think I am not the only one. Good luck!
:)

Hairline and forehead are the biggest concerns. The eyes may need some work. But those crits aside this already appears to be shaping up to be the best Aragorn figure to date.

Pretty much sums it up. Can't wait for the whole figure reveal and some timeline for when he might arrive in hand.

I was looking forward to this release but the likeness is off imo,
The face looks very squashed with smalle eyes and the forehead looks far to prominent, at the moment I would say the SS sculpt with a repaint is far superior :(

I'd love to see a side view of the sculpt too. I think Viggo is one of the harder likenesses to match. We have had plenty of attempts ranging from ToyBiz, NECA, WETA, Sideshow, customs and now Asmus. Some have had better likenesses than others but none have been spot on. I think Sideshows PF and 1/6 statue have been the closest to nail it. Overall I'd love to see it tweaked a little bit but this does show great promise of things to come. I always said the real test for Asmus and this line would be when they sculpt the human characters where likeness will be crucial. This is a valiant first step and makes me excited to see how other sculpts turn out.

Same for me on the sculpt. Lower hair line, maybe a few small touch ups.

Ugh. I'm sorry to say this but this looks nothing like Aragorn.

Head in general seems really deformed. Looks like Christopher Lambert.

Fixed the spelling on the name.

Agreed about the forehead and in general don't see a great likeness so far. Obviously it's the beginning stages but this needs some work.

I think they have the jawline, scruff everything below the nose about right. Again, I say the biggest problems are with the Frankenstein forehead and the eyes. The bulb of the nose might need a little tweaking as well. And as others have mentioned a side view would be nice.

Here's a quick Photoshop swapping out the eyes and cutting down the forehead. I think that gets it closer to 85-90% range.

svnnh0.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, the forehead, placement of eyes and shape of the head are way off. Everything else looks promising. Hope I don't regret selling my customs way back in anticipation for this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they have the jawline, scruff everything below the nose about right. Again, I say the biggest problems are with the Frankenstein forehead and the eyes. The bulb of the nose might need a little tweaking as well. And as others have mentioned a side view would be nice.

Here's a quick Photoshop swapping out the eyes and cutting down the forehead. I think that gets it closer to 85-90% range.

2ur752q.jpg
Can't see your pic but agree with everything you said. Below the nose looks real close to me but above the nose not so much.

Versus what we got with Sideshow 8 years ago:

rp_aragorn06.jpg

Even with its faults, the Asmus looks like an improvement.

Besides the forehead as mentioned (simple solution might be re-sculpting a new hairpiece that sits lower), I would also look at raising those cheek bones a bit, especially on the left side of the face -- they need to be higher and more even. I think that might solve the "squished" look affecting the head.

Back