Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Iron Man 3: PPS002 MK XXXV(35) "Red Snapper"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Iron Man 3: PPS002 MK XXXV(35) "Red Snapper"

Ughh...... so tempting. Another item I hope hangs around for a bit.

:lecture

Price tag on this one is also off putting, the completionist in me wants this but the rest of me could care less for this suit.

:lecture

Price tag on this one is also off putting, the completionist in me wants this but the rest of me could care less for this suit.

Price is high. No question. But I really feel it's worth the price. It's less than what we'd get in the MMS line. If they did that, the size of him and all the extras would put it close to $400 I feel. So fir $250...I feel it's a fair price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price is high. No question. But I really feel it's worth the price. It's less than what we'd get in the MMS line. If they did that, the size of him and all the extras would put it close to $400 I feel. So fir $250...I feel it's a fair price

Agreed! Jumped on this figure a couple weeks ago. It's not a total stiff like the first PP and it's as articulated as it can be.. this beast would cost over 300 for sure if it came with any accessories and more poseability

Someone asked if it can fit in the hall of armor. It can but I don't think it looks good at all

ary9yhab.jpg

Excellent review! :rock

Imho, at $250, this figure should have had the telescoping pistons on the arms.. personally I feel that would have been more attractive than some of the other articulation included by HT.. effectively this figure has ended up being a halfway house between a PPS and a MMS, .. its not my bag, but its great that those collectors who wanted this figure, have a version available.

Guys dont forget... the Mark 7 was $250...

Guys dont forget... the Mark 7 was $250...

Yea and that probably used a decent amount of parts from older suits. This is a completely new suit with all new parts and its also much bigger. I think the price is fair in the current market.

Yea and that probably used a decent amount of parts from older suits. This is a completely new suit with all new parts and its also much bigger. I think the price is fair in the current market.

The mark 7 used parts from other suits...!? :lol

Mk 7 was all new, had 3 unique optional looks, and a tony stark HS (licensing fees)... and was $250... this is new, pre-posed (though has some good movement), no HS, and no swap out options..

If we balance prices vs what we get then mk 7 should have been $350 ish...

were being ****ed by HTs

Perfect review for this figure. I'm many appeciate the focus on articulation and PPS vs MMS.

Thanks a lot

The mark 7 used parts from other suits...!? :lol

Mk 7 was all new, had 3 unique optional looks, and a tony stark HS (licensing fees)... and was $250... this is new, pre-posed (though has some good movement), no HS, and no swap out options..

If we balance prices vs what we get then mk 7 should have been $350 ish...

were being ****ed by HTs

As much as I hate the ever-increasing prices of HT, I think $250 for this is alright in today's HT price standards, and for what it is. If Mark 7 came out at the same time as Red Snapper did -- same accessories and all -- Mark 7 may no longer be a $250 figure upon PO, and if Red Snapper was a full-MMS -- even with no extra, but full articulation including working pistons all over -- it could easily be $350 minimum given its size.

2012's $250 can no longer give us the same Mark 7 package we got then. Just look at 2012's Avengers Cap vs 2014's Strike Suit Cap from Winter Soldier. The latter's $5 more, but comes with only extra hands and one shield. Avengers version was $5 less but we got an unmasked head, TWO shields, and a chitauri weapon. Some would say "but Strike suit's shiled is real metal this time!", but still...

As much as I hate the ever-increasing prices of HT, I think $250 for this is alright in today's HT price standards, and for what it is. If Mark 7 came out at the same time as Red Snapper did -- same accessories and all -- Mark 7 may no longer be a $250 figure upon PO, and if Red Snapper was a full-MMS -- even with no extra, but full articulation including working pistons all over -- it could easily be $350 minimum given its size.

2012's $250 can no longer give us the same Mark 7 package we got then. Just look at 2012's Avengers Cap vs 2014's Strike Suit Cap from Winter Soldier. The latter's $5 more, but comes with only extra hands and one shield. Avengers version was $5 less but we got an unmasked head, TWO shields, and a chitauri weapon. Some would say "but Strike suit's shiled is real metal this time!", but still...

Same could be said that if RS came out came time as mk 7 it would be way less... Not much has changed to make prices go higher (like back in 08 when gas went through the roof and all companies blamed that for the prices hikes) any way you look at it were getting our *******s caressed by HT's

which is fine cause were all dumb enough to buy into it, but that doesnt erase facts :lol

Same could be said that if RS came out came time as mk 7 it would be way less... Not much has changed to make prices go higher (like back in 08 when gas went through the roof and all companies blamed that for the prices hikes) any way you look at it were getting our *******s caressed by HT's

which is fine cause were all dumb enough to buy into it, but that doesnt erase facts :lol

Maybe. HT works in mysterious ways :lol And they know people buy them regardless.

Maybe. HT works in mysterious ways :lol And they know people buy them regardless.

Exactly, I cant say I blame them much either cause the secondary market has become so insane that they probably cry when they see pieces going for 3x the price

Exactly, I cant say I blame them much either cause the secondary market has become so insane that they probably cry when they see pieces going for 3x the price

Don't know why they would be bothered by secondary market prices. If they were really worried about that then they should produce more pieces. Some of ht sell out in hours, and if you missed out on that then you have to wait list a figure or get raped on eBay etc..

Don't know why they would be bothered by secondary market prices. If they were really worried about that then they should produce more pieces. Some of ht sell out in hours, and if you missed out on that then you have to wait list a figure or get raped on eBay etc..

Im not being literal, but that seems to be the only legitimate factor to constant jumps in price. Yeah workers over there are getting paid more but that doesnt account for $20-$30 jumps every 6-8 months. If they Simply made more pieces then they would dilute the supply and within months they would be warehousing extra stock, because resellers would stop buying (as there would be less money in it)

No, they're not bothered at all. Lipsmack was just trying to make the conversation less boring. If anything, the insane aftermarket prices of most of the previous IM pieces could have given HT the realization that people are willing to pay that much for their figures, that they thought people would still buy even if they try to crawl up their own prices. It's like, "So people buy Mark VIs at $600? Then surely they would still bite if we make our next Iron Man figure cost $350! Afterall, it's still not $600, which they still buy!"

I just wanna find a BD Mark III for a reasonable price LOL

I just wanna find a BD Mark III for a reasonable price LOL

You really dont man, HT's needs a major redo on him. Next to any newer release he just looks disappointing and extremely disproportionate, If you could get him for like $150 he'd be worth it to fill a HOA bay

Back