RoboCop 2 Cain Tippet studio Chronicle Legacy Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just saw this, very nice but at $1200 maybe to much for me.

Chronicle brings you the next metallic Grail, our licensed RoboCop 2 “Cain” collectible model. This is no ordinary figure. It is a perfect replica, directly reproduced from the screen-used stop-motion puppet. Here is a sneak preview of our product, before the display base is complete.

Cain was molded from original masters and one of the original filming puppets. Assembled with a whopping 275 individual parts, this may be one of the most complex figures ever reproduced for private collectors. Each part was individually cast and cleaned for new masters by Tippett Studio.

Cain comes on a detailed OCP logo base with display plaque signed by Phil Tippett. Cain Replica is 16” tall, 10.5” wide and 6” deep.

Limited to 1000 pieces worldwide.

They don't do international shipping only to usa which sucks for people who want to purchase it outside the usa.

Very nice indeed! Where's the Nuke Cannister? haha

Definitely out of my price range, but a beautiful work of art!

Yeah, it's really very nice, though the price meant a "no" for me. I totally understand where the price is coming from, however. It's a replica/cinemaquette, very limited, and is autographed by Mr Tippet himself.

HT should have used their efforts and resources on this one instead of Rhino, priced it between $450-500, and then you can hear fans all over the world cry rivers of tears of joy.

I always love the design of Cain and as a kid I was scared shi*less of him. As an adult though, I came to realize that the movie is unbearably bad, not even worth $5 on blu ray, let alone a $1200 statue.

Yeah. Looks like it doesn't even move. So what's with all the 275 parts on a figure that can't move?

I always love the design of Cain and as a kid I was scared shi*less of him. As an adult though, I came to realize that the movie is unbearably bad, not even worth $5 on blu ray, let alone a $1200 statue.

I'm sorry, why do you feel Robocop 2 is unbearably bad?

Great sequel as far as I'm concerned.

Bout goddamn time someone made a RoboCain! Hot Toys is late (as always) to the party.

Robocop 2 can be a bit lame in parts but the bits where he's fighting cain are just pure class and are wholesome entertainment I think.

I'm sorry, why do you feel Robocop 2 is unbearably bad?

Great sequel as far as I'm concerned.

No, it's a good question man. For one thing, I absolutely adore the original and felt in terms of narrative, this movie was a huge letdown. Murphy's character development from the first movie was totally abandoned, there was a deleted scene where Murphy visited his grave which would add a lot to his character but that was cut too. The movie is unnecessarily mean spirited, with all the violence just there for the sake of it. The old man was turned into a corrupt guy and the plot doesn't hold a candle to the original, which should have stayed as one-shot movie. The soundtrack score was pretty mediocre as well.

Granted, I love the movie as a kid, Cain and the fight scenes are amazing and I thought Robo looks slicker in the blue tint but that's about it.

I loathe at the idea of the Robocp remake and after seeing the promo shots and trailers made me (forgive the crude language) wanna spit on the movie and punch somebody in the nuts. It looked like an absolute train wreck. I finally saw it few weeks ago and I can't believe I'm saying this- it's THE best Robocop since the original, it actually had themes, characters and a story. Crazy, right? I'm still getting over that shock. :lol

Last edited:
No, it's a good question man. For one thing, I absolutely adore the original and felt in terms of narrative, this movie was a huge letdown. Murphy's character development from the first movie was totally abandoned, and the movie is unnecessarily mean spirited. The old man was turned into a corrupt guy and the plot doesn't hold a candle to the original, which had stayed as one shot movie. The soundtrack score was pretty mediocre as well.

Make no mistake, I love Cain and the fight scenes and I thought Robo looks slicker in the blue tint but that's about it.

I loathe at the idea of the Robocp remake and after seeing the promo shots and trailers made me wanna spit on the movie and punch somebody in the nuts. It looked like an absolute train wreck. I finally saw it few weeks ago and I can't believe I'm saying this- it's THE best Robocop since the original, it actually had themes, characters and a story. Crazy, right? I'm still getting over that shock. :lol
Agree with you about the new movie. New robo would destroy old robo(hate saying it), but the original is still the king movie

I have seen robocop 2 twice in the last week, only decent parts are the robo action scenes
It is funny when he has all the directives added, but the story is just garbage
Also, I noticed weller walks around with fingers separated in this movie, also, moved much faster

The old man was turned into a corrupt guy

I thought that aswell. It jarred a bit with how he ended the first film as the guy who humanises Robocop by asking his name. Also his reaction to Jones calling Mr Kinney's death by ED-209 a 'glitch' was very human...granted he starts complaining about the compensation pay-outs to the family but after ''nice shootin' son, what's your name?'' I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously the makers of Robocop 2 didn't.

Agree with you about the new movie. New robo would destroy old robo(hate saying it), but the original is still the king movie

I have seen robocop 2 twice in the last week, only decent parts are the robo action scenes
It is funny when he has all the directives added, but the story is just garbage
Also, I noticed weller walks around with fingers separated in this movie, also, moved much faster

I hated that as well. But like it or not, Robo87 and Robo14 are the only Robocop movies that I can watch many times over.

I thought that aswell. It jarred a bit with how he ended the first film as the guy who humanises Robocop by asking his name. Also his reaction to Jones calling Mr Kinney's death by ED-209 a 'glitch' was very human...granted he starts complaining about the compensation pay-outs to the family but after ''nice shootin' son, what's your name?'' I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously the makers of Robocop 2 didn't.

Spot on. I thought it was kinda nice of him to ask Robo his name, it showed that he cared. I was disappointed in Robo2 he was lazily written as the bad guy in a suit, and for some reason he disappeared in Robo3. :dunno

I heard that in the cartoon or maybe the TV series, the old man was an ally to Murphy and was more sympathetic to him. At least that's something.

Anyway, are the two TV series and DTV movies any good? I remember some bits of it and Robo has a cyborg partner. :rotfl :cuckoo:

RoboCop 2 is a fun movie despite its glaring flaws and departure from the narrative of the first film. In a way it was the "MOS" of its day. A weaker script with an emphasis on all out mayhem not present in the first film.

No, it's a good question man. For one thing, I absolutely adore the original and felt in terms of narrative, this movie was a huge letdown. Murphy's character development from the first movie was totally abandoned, there was a deleted scene where Murphy visited his grave which would add a lot to his character but that was cut too. The movie is unnecessarily mean spirited, with all the violence just there for the sake of it. The old man was turned into a corrupt guy and the plot doesn't hold a candle to the original, which should have stayed as one-shot movie. The soundtrack score was pretty mediocre as well.

Granted, I love the movie as a kid, Cain and the fight scenes are amazing and I thought Robo looks slicker in the blue tint but that's about it.

Original Robocop, my unquestionable #2 favorite film of all-time. Without Paul Verheoven directing and Basil Poledouris incharge of the score, Robocop 2 was behind the 8-ball. It's very hard for sequels to live up to great originals, especially with 2 major storytellers like Paul & Basil gone. Let's face it, Robocop is one of the most outrageous films of all-time, cop-killing thugs, giant man-killing cyborgs and over the top violence, paired with a suprisingly deep story about humanity existing inside a machine, and man's struggle to find himself. Robocop 2 was NEVER ever going to be a "better" film than Robocop , so they embraced it's role and making an even more ridiculious & wild film than the first installment...which was the main reason for unnecessary violence, it was for the sake or out Robocopping Robocop, if that makes sense. It's despite not being unrated, it's arguably more violent, it had a bigger & badder giant Robot and the gang of bad guys are arguably more ruthless than Clarence and his goons (Leon Nash, my personal favorite)...and at certain times i find the film to be more "fun" than the original Robocop. aside from Verheoven & Poledouirs they brought back the KEY INGREDIENTS that make sequel successful: further main character (Robocop) development, returning key characters like Murphy, Officer Lewis, The Old man, OCP Exec Donald Johnson, and Policy Sergeant Warren Reed...the wacked out commercials...(magnavolt, sunblock 5000, Yamaha Heart...ect.). The introduction of KEY new characters like NUKE, the Drug Dealing kid and ther hysterical Mayor Kuzak...kept the film fresh and entertaining. How can anyone deny the failed Robocop 2 prototype scene?!?!?

I LOVE the ending of Robocop 2, i love the Cain Rampage scene, but specifically i'm talking about the last 5 seconds. Eariler in the film they program Robocop to robotically say, "I AM A MACHINE"...yet at the very end of the film, with human spirit he says, "Patience lewis, We're only human." and then it goes to credits....veery similar to the ending of Robocop 1 when the Old Man asks, "Nice shooting son, what's your name?" Robocop replies with a warm non-robotic smile, "Murphy".

as a follow-up to Robocop Robocop 2 is a fantastic sequel, anyone that thinks otherwise isn't a big Robocop fan or they aren't giving the film a fair shake.

Last edited:
Back