GNF TOYZ 1:5 SCALE TUMBLER and THE BAT!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeubertMichael

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys! Have you seen this? Posted on OSR blog, and it seems legit with all the trademark logos and insignia shown on each photo.

I've not heard of GNF Toyz, but they're doing the unthinkable! I'm not sure how they plan to push through with this, but at least they got the Tumbler rims right! As per SSC, the HT Tumbler is (LWH) 736.6mmx469.9mmx279.4mm, while GNF's is 990mmx680mmx350mm.

https://onesixthrepublic.blogspot.com/2014/05/gnf-toyz-15-coming-soon.html

215723x5qg2c8pqdv4mffp.jpg

215727m0ec6gt34oi4i4e6.jpg

215729rb2ffygyj2bqpfbp.jpg

215731lmevbkdd85dwwwek.jpg

215734s3ve50cdd0qen5qc.jpg

215737svzgnv5n50hlyj6d.jpg

215740airpsv4z184ey4rn.jpg

215743d91nrgygtuvfv1cv.jpg

For real? Who would want vehicles that's scaled between the 1/4 and 1/6 figures? Ah well, there's something for everyone I guess. Tumbler looks well made!

For real? Who would want vehicles that's scaled between the 1/4 and 1/6 figures? Ah well, there's something for everyone I guess. Tumbler looks well made!

Yeah, it would look a bit awkward displayed next to either a 1/4 or a 1/6 figure, but as a stand-alone display piece I'm sure this would appeal to those who are into scale replicas :)

Let's wait and see if GNF would carry on with this ambitious project. The proto of the Tumbler looks well-made, I agree!

@Darth Alias: I wish I could say the same! LOL

Hot Toys couldn't make a 1/6 scale Bat happen and it looks like their attempt to bring out a 1/12 scale version is never going to happen either. Now this company comes along and wants to do an even larger scale Bat at 1/5 scale? Crazy. That 1/5 scale Tumbler might happen but its still going to be fragile unless they make it from sturdier material compared to the Hot Toys one. More power to them.

I'm still in for The Bat,in any scale.Hot Toys did nt want my money perhaps these people do.

lol 1/5 bat will be like $5 to $10 grand lol. 1/5 tumbler at least $1000

What if this is very affordable..., hmmm But I already have 2 of HT's Tumblers.

I'd assume they probably had to, in order to get the license. HT still has the rights to the Nolan stuff in 1/6th, and I'm betting that, once EB lost the TDK license in 1/4th, HT snatched that up, as well. There's a lot of complicated mumbo jumbo when it comes to licensing and all that jazz, and I'm betting dollars to donuts that, if these guys had figured out a way to make a large scale Bat vehicle work, logistically, and for an affordable price, they would've capitalized on HT's misstep, given the opportunity.

I'd assume they probably had to, in order to get the license. HT still has the rights to the Nolan stuff in 1/6th, and I'm betting that, once EB lost the TDK license in 1/4th, HT snatched that up, as well. There's a lot of complicated mumbo jumbo when it comes to licensing and all that jazz, and I'm betting dollars to donuts that, if these guys had figured out a way to make a large scale Bat vehicle work, logistically, and for an affordable price, they would've capitalized on HT's misstep, given the opportunity.

Yah thats what I think. Although I wouldn't want to call HTs a misstep only because a 1/6 Bat would be a logistical nightmare to ship all over the world. If it was a vehicle design that wasnt so delicate it would be a little easier, but the design has so many fragile parts. I ordered one of those small Eaglemoss The Bats a few months ago and it arrived broken, had to returned it. I just think QC would be a nightmare at 1/6 plus the cost would be through the roof. If these guys pull it off, all the power to them. You have to think if they do this, its going to have to come more like a kit where certain parts you have to attach yourself. Otherwise they better have good customer service or someone that can handle lots of returns.

Depending on costs, I would love The Bat more than anything. Not sure on the Tumbler since I ready have HTs version and 1/5 wouldn't really add much to my collection other than taking up a lot of space. If the interior detail is like 100% movie accurate, then I would consider it. :)

still hoping for the 1/12 HTs The Bat:pray:

^^^ Yeah, the 1/6 HT version was sexy as hell already. I wonder if they'd consider a build-it-yourself 1/6 Bat, just ship as few parts as they could already put together and package safely, and have buyers assemble it themselves to avoid the shipping damage problems.

^^^ Yeah, the 1/6 HT version was sexy as hell already. I wonder if they'd consider a build-it-yourself 1/6 Bat, just ship as few parts as they could already put together and package safely, and have buyers assemble it themselves to avoid the shipping damage problems.

HTs probably wouldn't do that but I think it's just those front arms of the bat that would need to be separate pieces you can attach yourself. And then maybe the propeller blade underneath. Still it's a gigantic piece like 2 Tumblers in size, talking like a small fridge size box : lol. Shipping costs would be crazy I think.

Ill believe the 1/5 bat when i actually see final pics with ordering info. Until then, i wouldnt bet on it yet.

Yah thats what I think. Although I wouldn't want to call HTs a misstep only because a 1/6 Bat would be a logistical nightmare to ship all over the world. If it was a vehicle design that wasnt so delicate it would be a little easier, but the design has so many fragile parts. I ordered one of those small Eaglemoss The Bats a few months ago and it arrived broken, had to returned it. I just think QC would be a nightmare at 1/6 plus the cost would be through the roof. If these guys pull it off, all the power to them. You have to think if they do this, its going to have to come more like a kit where certain parts you have to attach yourself. Otherwise they better have good customer service or someone that can handle lots of returns.

Depending on costs, I would love The Bat more than anything. Not sure on the Tumbler since I ready have HTs version and 1/5 wouldn't really add much to my collection other than taking up a lot of space. If the interior detail is like 100% movie accurate, then I would consider it. :)

still hoping for the 1/12 HTs The Bat:pray:

I would call it a misstep, but bare in mind that's not a criticism; merely an observation. When you solicit something and say it's coming soon, but then, very publicly announce that it's being cancelled in favor of a smaller model, due to the fact that it would've been a nightmare to ship, that's a misstep. Howard clearly wanted to make it available, but I'm glad they knew enough to nip it in the bud before they but off more than they could chew.

Back