Best way to shrink clothing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<BEASTMASTER>

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a 1/6 shirt that i want to try to make smaller without tailoring. Is there a well known way of shrinking the fabric? Not sure what the fabric is though.

I have a 1/6 shirt that i want to try to make smaller without tailoring. Is there a well known way of shrinking the fabric? Not sure what the fabric is though.

You could try soaking it in some hot water and drying it with a hair dryer to see if it shrinks, depending on the material.. I'd try water treating it first though. You'd be surprised at how much better an outfit can look afterwords. Basically all you do is get the clothing wet, put it back on the figure and futz it while its still wet until your satisfied. It makes clothes look a lot more realistic and give the illusion that they're broken in.

I was looking for clothes shrinking posts and found my own! :D has anyone experimented in clothes shrinking for their customs? Also how would you go about enlarging clothes? When shrinking if the material is a polyester is the shrink not that significant?

Back