Talking Stormtrooper action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiFabio

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone picked this up,

6172047621413.jpg

I saw it today at the mall and did a double take, I had no idea something like this existed. It was at the Disney store and I believe they debuted today. I bought one and I've got to say, I'm pretty impressed. The helmet sculpt and body/armor proportions are fantastic as well as the electronic phrases. I was actually surprised it had a good amount of articulation too (ball jointed head, shoulders, elbows, knees swivel wrists, hips, feet, etc.).

The only thing that is sort of disappointing to me is the permanently held rifle (with LED) and the fact that it's a little taller than 1/6. I was hoping I could take the helmet and put it on a Sideshow or Marmit figure. For what it is though, it's pretty great. You can't beat the $29.99 price either (especially with all the dialogue effects from the film). I don't know what the distribution is like, but I'd imagine kids and collectors will enjoy this one, it's a really nice action figure.

This was the only character they had there and there wasn't any information about other figures on the back of the box. I'd definitely love to see a Boba Fett or a Darth Vader done like this.

Any one have some size comparison shots next to some of the newer releases like Vader or dx07 etc?

There's also Vader, Han Solo and an X-Wing Luke on sale. Boba Fett and Chewie will be coming soon!

Disney is really going to start pumping out some nice stuff!

I can't find the picture but there's one floating around on the ESB/RoTJ Vader Thread standing next to Vader and unfortunately looks way off scale.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's a shame it's not 1:6 because it does look like a nice enough companion piece for the Sideshow figures. I wonder if it has to do with the licensing agreements Hasbro and Sideshow has as far as true 1:6 scale SW figures.

These are essentially the Black series 6" figures blown up aren't they?

The Vader is pretty big but man that guy is huge. A shame could have built an mini army with the Vader.

Maybe someone will figure a mod to make them useable.

Picked up one today. For the price you're paying for one its a pretty good deal as compared to the Black Series 6" Stormtroopers which goes for $25 in Canada if you can even find them. Disney's Stormtrooper looks pretty good. I am happy with my purchase.

I ordered mine first thing this morning from the Disney Store (no physical locations around here) and am excited to get it. Supposedly, Han comes out next week, then Luke and finally Vader—released on Mondays. I think it looks nice with some fun features for $30.

^^Yeah. :(

Why couldn't it just be 12inches? Is it so hard to make 12 inch figures anymore? Everything is BIG now like those stupid 1/4 bohemoths.

*****y nerd rant over. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Thing is - even if the Disney troopers were 1/6 scale, they've got the big sound button, the blaster gimmick - & as a result, the right arm is under articulated to house the components.

What I don't get, is why folks love the SSC Stormie approximation so much.

It's as wonky as ****. :lol

I'm still wondering how in the world is possible for Disney to make a 13" Stormtrooper that is more accurate per se compared to the "high end" Sideshow versions (12" figure and 1:4 PF) - and for such a price too. Of course for this price it is a toy, and it is limited, but still Disney seems to have been used the MR CE/eFX PCR helmet as inspiration, which though not 100% accurate (especially because is too symmetrical) is way better than the clumsy Sideshow sculpt. :huh Even the overall appearance of the Disney TK is better than the Sideshow versions... Sideshow please wake up, and bring us a real Stormtrooper, not whatever sculpt your blind artists come up with.

Cannot wait for my Yapping Stormtrooper figure to arrive. :banana I don't mind if it is too tall compared to the Sideshow or Marmit, I'll display it alone anyway

Saw one this weekend at the Disney store and didn't get it.... I kinda regret that. I might have to go back and get one soon.

Disney Yapping Stormtrooper just arrived, a pretty cool 13" figure, very interesting to see its helmet which for a toy is more accurate than high end Sideshow 1:6 or 1:4 versions:

DisneyTalkingStormtrooperset.jpg

DisneyTalkingStormtrooper04.jpg

Back