Anybody else notice how valuable the RWOS has gotten recently?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood49

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, I was browsing Ebay to find the value of my RWOS. I saw that all of the auctions are listed at around $1,000. I also saw this:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230044864312

This is one piece that I'll NEVER get rid of barring extenuating circumstances. This and Gandalfax are my favorite LOTR pieces. I just thought it was crazy that these are going for this much now with a 5,000 ES. I paid around $650 shipped for mine during the height of the SS/W craze in early '05. I should have waited a bit as they went back to the $450 range the following summer.

Yeah, I have been eyeing getting another for just this reason. It is an amazing piece, if the ES were that of the CT or Balrog it would easily rival them financially. I agree, this will be the last piece I would ever part with - and I have the CT and WKTF.

:nazgul

Leave it up to one $1,000 auction for all others to try and sell their piece for that much or higher. Most completed auctions are still in the $580 to $650 range.

It's a great piece though. Iconic LOTR and one statue I'd never part with.

It truly is a great piece. One of my all time faves. This piece does capture LOTR in a nutshell. I feel my collection is blessed to have it as a member.

I paid $400 shipped for mine, at the time that was the most I had plunked down on a piece.

:lol

LOTRFan said:
I paid $400 shipped for mine, at the time that was the most I had plunked down on a piece.

Got mine for retail from SS about a month or so before they sold out.

This is just great... value skyrocket when I am looking to buy one.... :sick
I've been bidding on just about every single RWOS statue auction on ebay
for the last 2 months and was never able to secure one...:banghead
Maybe I'm the one who increased the value of this statue... who knows... :medic :rip

LOTRFan said:

Me also. This baby is responsible for my collection getting to the size it became. Before it, I only collected busts. Even after all the pieces I've gotten, it's still my very favorite statue. Artistry is unmatched.

lakeshouse said:
This is just great... value skyrocket when I am looking to buy one.... :sick
I've been bidding on just about every single RWOS statue auction on ebay
for the last 2 months and was never able to secure one...:banghead
Maybe I'm the one who increased the value of this statue... who knows... :medic :rip

That same thing happened to me when I was looking to get one. I kept saying that I wouldn't pay above $500, and I missed several auctions that weren't much over that due to my stubbornness. I could've paid about $550 instead of $650 if I hadn't limited myself like that.

carbo-fation said:
I hope it'll go back down in value so I can afford one. :monkey5

Likewise, it's one of the LoTR Statues I would definitly consider getting if the price was right and I could afford it...it's odd that it's so much when the edition size was 5,000

This statue is due to rise in value even with the edition being fairly high its just an awesome piece but for that matter I think all the weta horse and riders statues are. I still feel robbed we never got a Rider of Rohan that just does't make sense. A Theoden or Eomer would have been amazing.

Hey, if you really want the statue, I can drive down there and pick him up for you. All you need to do is pay for my gas and the shipping of the statue . . . PM me if you want . ..

I have two extra RWOS statues and have not been planning to sell them for several years yet. I have the Balrog and have had the Cave Troll, Twilight Witchking and almost all the others but to me nothing beats the RWOS. It is THE definative Tolkien statue.

The RWOS is definitely one of if not the best of the weta statues. I paid $475.00 back in '04 for mine. I actually overpaid at the time because I made the deal before the last wave shipped and when that happened, they came back down to retail prices for a while.

Add me to a list of thinking I could not afford it at Sideshow's $275, then paying $500 on Ebay.

Not sorry though, especially now that the price is going up from that.

Back