Statue Dinosauria: Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus Repaint Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Ben

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have the original and I like the paint on that one better. I'm happy for those that missed out and will get a second chance to pick this one up, though.

There's supposed to be a brand new sculpted Tyrannosaurus statue that looks a little less grizzled and worn than the original one, so I'm not sure if they'll rerelease the original T-Rex as well.

There's supposed to be a brand new sculpted Tyrannosaurus statue that looks a little less grizzled and worn than the original one, so I'm not sure if they'll rerelease the original T-Rex as well.

If SS committed so far, they will re-release original rex. Truly a shame as to the extent SS has sold their soul for cash. Yes, it's a business, but they have been growing exponentially for years, so why the sell out? I did miss out on this particular release, so in that sense I get a missing piece, .........but I somehow feel dirty getting this. The shame.:dunno

If SS committed so far, they will re-release original rex. Truly a shame as to the extent SS has sold their soul for cash. Yes, it's a business, but they have been growing exponentially for years, so why the sell out? I did miss out on this particular release, so in that sense I get a missing piece, .........but I somehow feel dirty getting this. The shame.:dunno

Its SS original line n which they want to keep in long run that's why they re-releasing everything with different paint apps. as new collectors coming into this hobby its better for them to start with new bang. n don't forget this line will get awesome boost when Jurassic world going to release. I m sure there will be old revisits as well as new trex & raptor on horizon

I hope so!!! A new one would be awesome too!

Its SS original line n which they want to keep in long run that's why they re-releasing everything with different paint apps. as new collectors coming into this hobby its better for them to start with new bang. n don't forget this line will get awesome boost when Jurassic world going to release. I m sure there will be old revisits as well as new trex & raptor on horizon

:pray:

WoW indeed. Was initially afraid of the yellow & blues for paint apps, but this looks pretty good. Just proves that SS does listen to EVERTHING that's said on these forums, as we dino fans have wanted better paint apps for the longest time. Now, if we can just convince them to be merciful with their pricing.

wow wow wow wow what amazing paint job! Totally happy for these new realease, cant wait to see if t rex will be the next!

Eh, not thrilled with it. I think the pattern on the Allos could have done all the way up the body and they would have been okay...but the shiny blue for almost the entire Camarasaur reminds me of cheap metallic paint on dollar store toys. Don't get me wrong, blue is as good a color for a dinosaur as any but it's very hard to make look right. There could have been more patterns and color depth added and there should have been. They missed a lot of the wounds here and there too.

I don't know if they would re-release the ones done in faux bronze again..as that makes 3 releases of those already. I'm basing that on the fact they didn't start with those pieces either.

Eh, not thrilled with it. I think the pattern on the Allos could have done all the way up the body and they would have been okay...but the shiny blue for almost the entire Camarasaur reminds me of cheap metallic paint on dollar store toys. Don't get me wrong, blue is as good a color for a dinosaur as any but it's very hard to make look right. There could have been more patterns and color depth added and there should have been. They missed a lot of the wounds here and there too.

I don't know if they would re-release the ones done in faux bronze again..as that makes 3 releases of those already. I'm basing that on the fact they didn't start with those pieces either.

Agree with you. The Camarasaur needs more color patterns and depth especially when it's in light blue...I expected that before the full picture release. But I still decide to purchase this one because I don't have the original version...no choice ha ha...it's a little sad for me that the repaint has no skulls. I think this is still a pretty one, it's a chance for collectors like me.

I'm surprised that no one has brought up that this is essentially a censored version of the original. No blood at all?

Usually not too crazy about pastel colors on dinos, but if they dulled-up the sheen aspect of skin for Camarasaurus it would work way better. Does lack some paint app detailing though. And just noticed the lack of blood as opposed to the original. Surely a Sideshow attempt at making their releases more universally acceptable for the general public. Let's face it, if this line keeps sputtering in sales, we will lose it. I think these re-releases is a strategy SS is using to keep this line afloat until Jurassic World is released. If dinos don't sell well at that point, we are screwed, cause numbers don't lie

No blood at all?

just noticed the lack of blood as opposed to the original.

There is blood, but it's more subtle than the original and to my mind actually looks more realistic. I think they went a bit OTT on the blood with the first one.

Original:
Allo_bite_ver1.jpg

Repaint:
Allo_bite_ver2.jpg

I also prefer the repaint of the Allo's head, which I think looks more complex and detailed.

Original:
Allo_ver1.jpg

Repaint:
Allo-ver2.jpg

Not entirely sold on the blue for the Camara, but I still prefer it to the old scheme.

I like pretty much new paintings, but I prefer a thousand times faster the original model of the sideshow, than this version repainted. Colors are from the avatar :)) There are no realistic colors. They wanted to give more life colors, but in my opinion they have failed. The same was done with Spinosaurus looks like a salamander humpback:))))))). The only statue repainted that really looks impressive is Styracosaurus. I'm curious how it will look new repainted version of T-rex by David Krentz?

I like pretty much new paintings, but I prefer a thousand times faster the original model of the sideshow, than this version repainted. Colors are from the avatar :)) There are no realistic colors. They wanted to give more life colors, but in my opinion they have failed. The same was done with Spinosaurus looks like a salamander humpback:))))))). The only statue repainted that really looks impressive is Styracosaurus. I'm curious how it will look new repainted version of T-rex by David Krentz?

:exactly: :pray:

Back