The Leftovers (New HBO Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know Damon Lindelof's a fairly divisive guy, as far as his writing goes, but I'd be lying if I said the trailer didn't look at least somewhat interesting:

The trailers have intrigued my wife and me these last few weeks before each new episode of Game of Thrones. Looks interesting, but i have NO IDEA what it's about, and I don't really care to know until it starts.

The way I understand it, the story revolves around an incident where 2% of the world's population suddenly disappears and along with them goes all the fresh food. The remaining 99% are left with nothing other than the food they didn't finish from the last few nights. Chaos ensues.

I'm getting a "John From Cincinnati" vibe from this one, but darker ofcourse. A bunch of interesting characters and memorable scenes in a story that's vague, not planned past the premise, and goes nowhere. But if I'm wrong, that's cool, Justin Theroux is pretty awesome.

I had Leftover steak and corn on the cob. Yummy!

The other "Leftovers" left me with a feeling of emptiness, that just made me wonder why I bothered.

Well if this was meant to be the most depressing new show on television, they may have succeeded at that.

That being said, I still enjoyed it and will probably at least watch this entire season to see where it goes.

Lindelof killed the **** outta any chance this show had when he outright said he would never tackle the cause of the disappearance. Most friends and myself aren't even bothering with it. I asked around all yesterday and no one watched it.

Heavy religious themes and no answers won't get you far in 2014.

I think it was quite interesting.. a lot of questions already in the start of this series.. but hey.. Keeps you watching.. lets see where it goes from here .. but as said.. I liked it ! :)

The only thing about the show I care about is why they disappeared, if he wont even tackle that question then I guess there is no point in watching, at least not for me.

The only thing about the show I care about is why they disappeared, if he wont even tackle that question then I guess there is no point in watching, at least not for me.

This. The problem is... Lindelhof, he's great at making something to keep you guessing, he just sucks at putting the cards on the table then you feel like what a waste. Too bad, I watched this Sunday night and enjoyed it. Not familiar with the sherrif from anything else, but he's great, the rest of the cast seems promising, but I didn't know Lindelhof was involved, I now feel like I retroactively consumed empty calories. :lol

Man **** Lindelof. Cramming all 'answers' into Lost's final season. Always came across as a know-it-all ****** in his interviews, ****ed up Prometheus' script. What an ass.

Lindelof killed the **** outta any chance this show had when he outright said he would never tackle the cause of the disappearance. Most friends and myself aren't even bothering with it. I asked around all yesterday and no one watched it.

dafuq?

Well, that kind of makes the entire show pointless.

i think that's the main point. :lol
maybe like sunday mass seinfeld without the comedy.lolz

People are actually surprised that this hack made yet another thing that even he doesn't know how to explain? Intradesting.

Back