Prop ANOVOS goes into Star Wars Costuming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkno

Stormtrooper
Reaction score
These guys will replace Museum Replicas and will start making Star Wars costumes too.

https://www.anovos.com/

https://www.cnet.com/news/channel-h...-with-star-wars-costume-replicas-from-anovos/

"You don't have to join the Rebels, be best friends with a Wookiee, or make a doomed deal with an Emperor to get your hands on replicas of costumes worn by Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Darth Vader in "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back."

The official "Star Wars" replica costume collection comes from elite nerd costumier Anovos. It premieres with three outfits -- Luke Skywalker's Bespin uniform (with holster), Han Solo's iconic outfit and, later in the summer, Darth Vader's intimidating garb. Replica costumes range in size from small to XXL and are considered unisex.

"Our new 'Star Wars' collection goes way beyond simple costumes," Anovos CEO Joe Salcedo said in a press release. "They're based on the original costume designs and patterns used in the production of these classic movies."

Presales for these licensed wearable replica costumes start on Star Wars Day, May the 4th, beginning with the three outfits from "The Empire Strikes Back." Pieces from the collection will premiere during the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo from April 25 to 27.

Later in the year, under the banner of "Kamino Armor Works," Anovos will expand its collection with armor-based costumes, including bounty hunter Jango Fett's outfit and the Clone Trooper suit from "Star Wars" Revenge of the Sith." The company plans to include wearable armor and costume replicas of Stormtroopers, Biker Scouts, Sandtroopers, and various Clone Trooper styles."

C2E2 501st Facebook page

10302532_10152374971254752_6129727185448181378_n_zpscf963bb9.jpg

I am interested! I love to dress my midgets in Star Wars garb :lecture

But how will you be distinguished from the other midgets? :dunno

Anyway I'm wondering about a few things regarding the Stormtrooper armor for example:

- what will be the difference in accuracy, materials and other features/options compared to the TK armor released by eFX
- what will be the price compared to eFX Stormie armor (and, why not, other suits of armor)
- how long it will take for Anovos to release their stuff
- what will be this "Vader garb" in the end

I think that the fact that the Vader proto is not colored black is playing a role here. It seems off, but it might seem more precise when in the right color.

All in all, these are great news. Would love to own a few costumes myself. :)

oLHeGPP.jpg

Here is another photo they posted today showing off Jango Fett. It also looks like they have plans for a Boba

I would totally get one of these for a yearly Halloween costume and keep it on a mannequin the rest of the time.

And good news! I might be able to afford to because I just got promoted to a management position at one of my jobs (Somehow despite the fact I have been there less than half a year) which means I'll be making more than twice as much as I do now. This hobby is near impossible on a college student budget. Hopefully now you guys will get to see my collection expand to be bigger and better than before where just gas and food kept me nearly broke at all times despite working two jobs to try and afford to keep up with this stuff. I mean it took me four flippin' months to save up for my Vader bust. :lol

I have a wishlist of every existing piece that would make my "dream collection" and I hope to attain that by this time next year. One of these costumes will certainly be added to that list at some point. :lol

An interesting read and some new pics:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27033-have-you-heard-anovos-armor-is-coming/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/to...an-luke-vader-troopers-clones-thoughts/page-2

But if you cannot see the link here are the most important posts and pics:

Post by Dday:

We have talked about this on the SLD some. Apparently there is a member there who is close friends with the guys who are this company and they are all big fans. From their Vader information they have said that their vader will be a more generic version, so not related to one specific movie but rather a generic all movie vader.
Also, he says that the guys have had full access to teh LFL archives, so they may have the ability to make molds/castings/scans of original gear.
It has the potential to be good.
But it will not replace any of the current vendors, it will just be another option. Most likely it will be general gear that can be classified as a stormtrooper, but nothing like TM, RS, CFO and so on that are movie specific 100% accurate replicas.

Post by usaeatt2:

Just got home from C2E2. The ANOVOS costumes didn't look generic at all, in fact, I was very impressed. The prices weren't generic either... All SW related merchandise was "MSRP Pending". Their other soft costumes look DEAD-ON accurate in color, texture and hardware. Someone obviously did their homework. Example of prices? Men's Premier Line Next Generation Full Uniform - $1000. Admiral Kirk Premier Line Wrath of Khan Uniform - $2400. Men's Premier Line TOS Shirt - $325. You get what you pay for?

3480A278-0480-47FF-B7B5-C5FA12FDA74F_zpss647c976.jpg

03369691-10DB-40D9-B0DC-965CA1BA1EA9_zpsgz1x5mza.jpg

26ACEC92-284E-4B68-A643-43672DB01575_zpsvfyutrx6.jpg

Loving this news, good for ANOVOS. I'd be all over a licensed Boba Fett costume. I'm expecting it to be expensive as hell but should still come out ahead compared to buying a full RTW costume from bobamaker. Interested in clone armor as well but depends on price and if they make the commanders like Cody.

With these and Episode VII on the horizon, I see an influx of 501st members which can be a good or bad thing. I worked pretty hard to get my Jango and Boba Fett up to their standards and now, someone will be able to just pick one of these up for "pretty easily".

Back