Star Wars Exibit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfoga

Super Freak
Reaction score
I went to the Star Wars exibit in Portland, OR today. I was cool to see some of the prop, models they used to make the movie. I took a lot of pictures, there are lots of double and triples of the same shot but thats the way I always shot stuff like that, better odds of a good picture. I uploaded all of them, I havent done any touch up, just quick resize and rotation. Some are dark but thats because I couldnt get close enought for the flash to do much and the displays were VERY dark.

Enjoy
https://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/mfoga/Star%20Wars%20Exibit/?start=20

PS I think there are close to 500 and they still are uploading so there will more later then there are now.

The pictures just do them justice either. The Falcon is just huge, I would say close to 6ft long. The Rebel Blockade Runner was huge too maybe 5-6ft long and the Star Destroyer they mention is maybe 3-4ft long. I really wanted to jump in the Landspeeder but with 15-20 workers in the area I thought better of it.

holy crap MF thats awesome! I hope I can go to one of these exhibits some day. thanks for sharing the pics!

They are all finally up but it looks like it uploaded two copies of all of them. :monkey4

WOW, too many to look through :stick :stick Falcon and Star Destroyer looks great. Suprisingly the Sebulba looked great as well.

Since I won't be getting to Portland any time soon--thanks for all the great pictures! It's the next best thing to visiting the exhibit. Thanks for taking the time to share them!

:duff

congerking said:
WOW, too many to look through :stick :stick Falcon and Star Destroyer looks great. Suprisingly the Sebulba looked great as well.
Sorry would you have prefered that I only post a few? I took pictures of everything there except for a few weapons that somehow I forgot to go back to after the area was attacked by kids while I was there.

mfoga said:
Sorry would you have prefered that I only post a few? I took pictures of everything there except for a few weapons that somehow I forgot to go back to after the area was attacked by kids while I was there.

No No, just pulling your leg. :date Never enough star wars pics.

Khev said:
Wow! Is that a tour? Please tell me they're heading out east.
I went to the star wars thing at a museum in Brooklyn back in '02. Mayhap it is the same tour? :huh

Khev said:
Wow! Is that a tour? Please tell me they're heading out east.
Well not exacly close to you but it will be heading east. Here is a schedule I found.
https://www.mos.org/doc/1869

For everyone, if you do go , DONT waste you money on the Millennium Falcon, it was only $5 but it was like a 5 min plantorium thing set in the ****pit of the falcon.

pixletwin said:
I went to the star wars thing at a museum in Brooklyn back in '02. Mayhap it is the same tour? :huh

I saw that one. Good stuff. I imagine it is simailar with more prequel stuff on display.

Darth Rage said:
I saw that one. Good stuff. I imagine it is simailar with more prequel stuff on display.
Yeah. I just thought it was cool to see the 3 part mask they made Shaw where in ROTJ... very cool... The Star Destroyer was pretty cool too.

pixletwin said:

I saw one in Houston a few years back, but I think that was the Magic of Myth exhibit.

This one is very science driven. There is a lot of science tie-ins to all these things. But from the pics you can tell what I was interested in. There were a few lil Lucas films talking about items but most the audio had to do with how could be compared to current science and how it would or wouldn't compare to current technology.

Also I have gone thru and deleted a lot of duplicates, now its down to 146 pics. There are mulitpule angles of items but should not be any true duplicates.

Darth Waller said:
Thanks for the schedule! I'm about 5 hours from Ft. Worth, so that might be a possibility next summer.
No porblem, the one thing that stood out to me was the poor scheduling of the L.A. show. That would make bank if it ran during C4.

Back