Fargo (on FX)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm not sure this was necessary, the movie is perfect. But it's getting good reviews and has a solid cast so I'll check it out.

I saw a commercial for this before Captain America. When I first saw that it was based on Fargo, I thought--WTF?? It's a Coen Bros. classic. But then, I saw the cast, and heard them talking about it, and thought I would actually like to check it out. Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, and Bob Oedenkirk are some pretty major talent for a TV show IMO.

Does look pretty good. But they almost seem to be downplaying the lady cop who I would have thought would be the lead. Is the show supposed to be centered around her like the movie was?

Does look pretty good. But they almost seem to be downplaying the lady cop who I would have thought would be the lead. Is the show supposed to be centered around her like the movie was?
From what I've seen, I don't think the same characters from the film are in the film. So, no Marge Gunderson.

I'm not quite sure either. I was under the impression Marge is in it, however the focus is shifting to other characters while she's is more background since we already know her back story. I could be mistaken, they don't mention Marge by name but the featurette does talk about the general idea.

I never saw Fargo the movie, but I'm not real impressed with this. I don't know, maybe it's just not my thing.

Billy Bob sure is skinny.

After seeing a commercial for the show I watched Fargo again on netflix. It had been a few years since I had last seen it and if the show is half as good I will be happy. Wonder if anyone will get $100 off their true coat.

I thought it was o.k. It's a bit tough to judge it on it's own because of what it is, but it's still early and the acting is fantastic.

Missed it. I'll catch it on demand.

Looks good though. From what I've read it's going to be an anthology series with every season being a different storyline with different characters, a la American Horror Story. And these are all new characters, no one from the movie.

Really enjoyed the first ep of this...feels familiar enough without completely copying the film. Martin Freeman is perfect as the William H. Macy character equivalent.

Really enjoyed the first ep of this...feels familiar enough without completely copying the film. Martin Freeman is perfect as the William H. Macy character equivalent.

Indeed. Very similar. I really liked it and I'll definitely be sticking around to watch future episodes. Next time I get pulled over by a cop, I'm gonna tell 'em the dragon story and see if they let me drive away. "I'm going to roll my window up. Then I'm going to drive away."

Indeed. Very similar. I really liked it and I'll definitely be sticking around to watch future episodes. Next time I get pulled over by a cop, I'm gonna tell 'em the dragon story and see if they let me drive away. "I'm going to roll my window up. Then I'm going to drive away."

Maybe we can have a fundraiser for your bail money. :D

I thought the first episode was really fantastic. I was a bit afraid of how this would turn out, to be honest. The movie casts such a long shadow. But Freeman and Thornton were great anchors in this, and it was a joy to watch them interact. This is probably the best role Thornton has had in quite a while. I was amazed at how well they captured the general spirit of the movie while telling a new story. The accents didn't bother me at all, other than getting used to Freeman without the accent I know him best for.

Back