Question to you IKEA shoppers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Fett

El Cazador de Hombres
Reaction score
Lately, I've been buying the Detolf glass cabinets to store my 12" figures and smaller LOTR Weta statues in them, but now I am in a dilemma on how to now display my PF figures(eg: Marvel, SW) and the larger SS/Weta figures(eg: Gandalf on Shadowfax, Aragon at the Gates, Gothmog on Warg, etc).

Currently, I have the PF's displayed on top of my bookshelves/dressers but it's definetely not a good way to show them off in my opinion. Which is why I am pondering on seeing what else IKEA offers to better display them.

I could just buy more Detolf's and remove the glass shelving to accomodate the PF's but I think it would waste a lot of needed shelf space-- and space is a luxury I don't have.

I was thinking on either getting this SKOGEN and removing one of the glass shelves:

51112_PE150558_S4.jpg

Opinions?

well... this is actually shorter than the detolf so you would still have the problem of space wasting by removing the shelves to accomodate the tall PFs.

I too and in the same dillehma. My Gandalf on Sh'wFax won't fit in the Detolf glass shelves with the rest of my 12"ers. I haven't been to IKEA in about a year, do they have shelves that will fit the larger pieces?

Well, the SKOGENs are actually wider, so you can accomodate the larger SS/Weta statues in them if you remove the top glass shelving. That is basically the main reason why I am looking into getting this, but wondering if there are better alternatives.

I know I could try casesforcollectibles.com, but not sure if I want to spend the extra $$ for one display case when I can spend the same amount on this and get more display space for my money.

The Detolfs do let in dust, that is one of their downfalls. I have used them quite successfully (or at least in my opinion :lol ) with the PFs, I just built a little riser for them to stand on.

Display11-5.jpg

Not the best pic, but you get the idea.

I have a couple of these and they aren't too bad. The shelf heights are adjustable. I have one with my Predator maquette and another with a few PF's in it. On the negative side, the top isn't as display friendly between the angled top and the wood frame going across the front. Also, they do let in more dust than a Deltof (a lot bigger gaps on the doors) but I am going to buy some weather striping and try to seal it up better like you can with the Deltofs (although I don't have a problem with them and dust).

I will try to get some pictures up tonight.

only one word to describe that Natrix, BADASS!!! gotta get me one of those. cabinet even matches the speaker

Thank you, Natrix! Those look PERFECT to fit my PF's after all. The second pic with Iron Man and Doom pretty much summarizes what I had in mind as far as ideas for display.

Thanks for posting these pics! It pretty much decided that I will go this route as far as displaying my PF's. The angle of the top looks like it probably has enough space to display one PF in the background with maybe a helm or 12" figure in the forefront.

Does anybody else sell those Detolf cabinents or something very similar to them? I don't have an Ikea in my state and they want to charge $215 shipping for a $59 cabinent.

I have never had the $1 IKEA breakfast, is it good?!

Absolutely. It's not gourmet, but it definetely is better than Denny's or Waffle House in my opinion. The Swedish meatballs are good too. I usually get the fish n' chips sometimes as well.

Guess Skogen is the way to go. I'll be making a trip down there next weekend.

IKEA frozen swedish meatballs tasted horrible last time i purchased them...but the $1 breakfast was good. I've got to go back when the Christmas rush dies down. I'm fixing up a piece of property and I'm looking at some items to bolster the overall appearance. Other than the frozen swedish meatballs that came in a bag, I love IKEA.

As far as shelving for PF stuff, I like the Detolf's and all. However, I simply chose to go to Target and pick up one of their $199 bookcases. What made my decision easier was that I placed a 20lb dumbell from one of their departments and put it on one of the shelves. Nothing happened.

Another plus for me was that the shelves could be adjusted, something that was lacking in the Detolf's. Don't get me wrong I'd love to get a glass cabinet. But the ones I really like are in the $700-$1200 range with lighting. Figure, no matter what...between the Detolf and the Target Bookcase...dust happens no matter what. So, I figured let these beautiful PF's shine in more of a natural setting than behind a glass door.

Back