Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunnipot85

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that Marvel Studios has formally set the release date for Cap 3, I figured we should have a thread already anticipating it. I'm guessing that they will start filming sometime soon since the release date coincides with Batman vs Superman and that is going to begin principal shooting soon.

Cap 2 is my favorite Marvel Studios film to date and I'm so glad the Russo brothers are returning to direct the third film. Since this is most likely going to be the last solo Cap story with Evans, I think the Red Skull will return. Crossbones seems like a good candidate for another villain since it's hinted at. Winter Soldier is the most likely to return, but I don't think he will be a villain anymore and I'm wondering how/if they will make him a hero in the third film.

Since SHIELD is over, I'm hoping Cap has his own little group of heroes consisting of Falcon and Sharon Carter.

Plus, more Emily VanCamp please!! :love
tumblr_n3a988e3A31rlb6iho1_250.gif
tumblr_n3a988e3A31rlb6iho2_250.gif

Here's the release date confirmed from Marvel. Captain America to Return to Theaters May 6, 2016 | News | Marvel.com

B1De3VBCEAA5H4x.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Captain America 3 (May 6, 2016)

Emily is all kinds of hot. I love TWS, looking forward to whatever Cap 3 brings. Right now, Evans is above RDJ for coolness as a comic book character.

Don't see how SHIELD can be completely dead when there's still a whole movie (Avengers 2) and change between Cap 2 and Cap3, I would like to see Red Skull return (maybe with some interstellar monster?).

Don't see how SHIELD can be completely dead when there's still a whole movie (Avengers 2) and change between Cap 2 and Cap3, I would like to see Red Skull return (maybe with some interstellar monster?).

Yeah, I feel like dismantling SHIELD now was a bit premature. One of my favorite feature on all these movies is how SHIELD helped connect all the characters. Not to mention, it was fun to watch this massive organization with all these secrets, the awesome missions and all the advanced technology (I loved the Helicarriers, specially the news ones with Repulsor Tech). I'm kind of bummed they are finished but I have faith in the Marvel Studios.

Marvel wants to keep it fresh - SHIELD was the connective glue in Phases 1-2, going forward it would appear the Infinity Stones would be the connective glue for future Marvel films. From all the interviews it would seem the creative heads also want to put the Avengers in a tougher spot with only Tony's personal resources available starting with AoU and possibly through Phase 3. But I do believe they'll bring SHIELD back later, just putting them in a rough patch for now.

I have a feeling they will do the "Death of Captain America" either at the end of the third film or in Avengers 3 since Evans is contracted for only 6 films while Sebastian Stan is contracted for 9 Marvel films. I can already see the post-credit shot of Bucky picking up Cap's shield.

I have a feeling they will do the "Death of Captain America" either at the end of the third film or in Avengers 3 since Evans is contracted for only 6 films while Sebastian Stan is contracted for 9 Marvel films. I can already see the post-credit shot of Bucky picking up Cap's shield.

I can see them doing that too, especially if they let Evans go or if he won't accept any amount of money to continue being the character.

Red Skull needs to return for Cap 3; all they need to do is have Cap team up with Falcon, Sharon Carter and Bucky.

I have also read that Hugo Weaving as no interest in returning as Red Skull.

Well right now they are filming avengers 2 in South Korea. So after that's finished I'm sure the writers for cap 3 will have the script finished. Chris will probably take a lil week break before going to start that film.

I've always loved that characters look, he looks really good in the more modern interpretation as well in that bottom pic, Wake. Would be a cool character to have team up with Cap.

It would be awesome to have Bucky and Cap team up again to kick Red Skull's ass. Or anyone's ass really. As long as they're fighting as a team.

It's hard to tell whether they'll do "Death of Captain America" in Cap 3 or the Avengers 3. Considering Avengers 3 is the final movie on Evans' Marvel contract, I wanted to propose an interesting theory:

What if they save "Death of Captain America" for Cap 4? Evans signs for a nice hefty paycheck and a LARGE supporting role and essentially the first half (or first quarter) of the movie is similar to the Brubaker tale (And Evans only appears for the first quarter/half). Perhaps the alternate perception of Cap being arrested is that they feel he's responsible for the destruction Thanos (could potentially) bring to Earth and being a proponent of the legal system, Cap gives himself up. Red Skull returns, in possession of someone else's body (Aleksander Lukin?) since he never really died but "dissolved" in TFA....this could be hinted at in Cap 3. This also gives a good excuse for recasting the character with another actor as Skull's original body was destroyed but his spirit "ascended". Sharon Carter (who was Cap's lover but is now on "shaky" ground) "kills" Cap in front of the court room and it turns into a big murder mystery since she has no recollection of shooting Cap, SHIELD (or whatever renegade Avengers like Black Widow and Hawkeye) work with the Winter Soldier to try and solve the mystery. And in the end we see Bucky formally take on the Cap role.

Either that...or they kill off Cap in Avengers 3 and he "sacrifices" himself to save the world from Thanos (with a typical hero death that can be perceived that he's alive and somewhere else).

I personally, would like to see the Death of Captain America storyline because it's awesome, it's personal and after seeing the Russos' handling of "The Winter Soldier", I'd love to see what they can do with that storyline.

I dunno. I think what made Cap's death so poignant was that he had been around so long. The MCU audience hasn't seen him that much. I'm thinking they will go with Cap taking over the new SHIELD and Bucky becoming Cap.

As funny as it was I still a little bummed to see Evans' cameo in Thor 2. I knew that that appearance technically paved the way for him to not appear in Cap 3. Now that TWS was as awesome as it was it is even more disheartening. I'd really like the Russo brothers to handle his send off, not Whedon.

On the flip side, there seems to be a bit of a curse when it comes to actors playing the same superhero in three solo films (Superman III, Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand, TDKR, Blade: Trinity.) It might be nice for Evans to avoid that and go out with his dignity intact.

Last edited:

Plus, more Emily VanCamp please!! :love
tumblr_n3a988e3A31rlb6iho1_250.gif
tumblr_n3a988e3A31rlb6iho2_250.gif
:drool :drool

As funny as it was I still a little bummed to see Evans' cameo in Thor 2. I knew that that appearance technically paved the way for him to not appear in Cap 3. Now that TWS was as awesome as it was it is even more disheartening. I'd really like the Russo brothers to handle his send off, not Whedon..

I can't imagine Marvel letting that small cameo from Thor 2 count as one of his films and let him out of Cap 3. Actually, it confirms that here: https://collider.com/chris-evans-marvel-contract/

So six films: Cap 1, Avengers 1, Cap 2, Avengers 2, Cap 3 and most likely Avengers 3.

As funny as it was I still a little bummed to see Evans' cameo in Thor 2. I knew that that appearance technically paved the way for him to not appear in Cap 3. Now that TWS was as awesome as it was it is even more disheartening. I'd really like the Russo brothers to handle his send off, not Whedon.

On the flip side, there seems to be a bit of a curse when it comes to actors playing the same superhero in three solo films (Superman III, Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand, TDKR, Blade: Trinity.) It might be nice for Evans to avoid that and go out with his dignity intact.

Evans said the cameo in Thor 2 did not subtract from one of his contractual obligations. It was a freebie, basically.

Since a bit was left out/changed from TWS story arc in the comics, I see them avoiding Caps death and obviously the civil war. I feel like Cap will do like he did when he came back in the comics, leave Bucky as Captain America and him to go off and do the Steve Rogers Super Soldier side story. That way Steve isnt technically gone as in being killed off and then we still have Bucky being Cap.

Since a bit was left out/changed from TWS story arc in the comics, I see them avoiding Caps death and obviously the civil war. I feel like Cap will do like he did when he came back in the comics, leave Bucky as Captain America and him to go off and do the Steve Rogers Super Soldier side story. That way Steve isnt technically gone as in being killed off and then we still have Bucky being Cap.

I could see them doing that as well if they were to replace Steve Rogers Cap with Bucky Cap. I wonder if when that day comes, if the whole Avengers roster would be different and include - Bucky Cap, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and some new characters.

Back