Game of Thrones props - Valyrian Steel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know there's a thread for this - once we get search working again I'll merge them. But in honor of Game of Thrones returning tonight I wanted to share my Valyrian Steel props. They are all surrounding the door to my kitchen (no particular reason, just no wall space any where else):

ICE - this is just the stainless version. They have the swords in Damascus steel too - much more expensive. This is a HUGE sword - bigger than any others I have including the Ringwraith swords.
got_ice.jpg

Longclaw
got_claw.jpg

Catspaw dagger

got_cat.jpg

Valyrian Steel
https://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/

Nice swords Dave......im waiting for longclaw the Damascus version.
That will be my 2nd sword the first being Glamdring

Nice swords Dave......im waiting for longclaw the Damascus version.
That will be my 2nd sword the first being Glamdring

Make sure you get some renaissance wax or oil or your damascus blade will rust. Glamdring is stainless and does not require regular upkeep. I'd also only handle your longclaw with gloves as the oil on your fingers could accelerate oxidizing as well.

Make sure you get some renaissance wax or oil or your damascus blade will rust. Glamdring is stainless and does not require regular upkeep. I'd also only handle your longclaw with gloves as the oil on your fingers could accelerate oxidizing as well.
Thanks snadinator will do

They recommend the wax for the regular Valyrian ones too. The UC swords are stainless, but these are not. (Expect the Catspaw dagger, I think that's stainless).

On their website (non-damascus) Longclaw is listed as being stainless steel and (non-damascus) Ice is listed as being high carbon steel. Catspaw blade is listed as high carbon damascus steel. Dunno anything about the different types of steel to be honest.

Right now all I have is Robb's sword. I was originally only going to get swords that were supposed to be made out of valyrian steel if they were made from damascus, but now that I've missed the damascus Longclaw I think I'll just forget the damascus versions and pick up the regular Ice and Longclaw.

They said they'll be making Jaime's new sword "Oathkeeper" as well. That should be interesting. I wish they'd go back and make his sword from season 1. Loved that hilt.

JaimeLannisterEW.png

They recommend the wax for the regular Valyrian ones too. The UC swords are stainless, but these are not. (Expect the Catspaw dagger, I think that's stainless).

Sorry you got that wrong. Valyrian sells stainless steel and carbon steel swords (damascus versions are still carbon steel). Your Longclaw regular is stainless steel. According to the site, the regular Ice is carbon steel (which requires maintenance with wax or oil). The catspaw dagger is carbon steel as well -not- stainless.

If you do not wax or oil your carbon steel blades, they will oxidize.

Wow, the Catspaw dagger is gorgeous i'm thinking on getting this. If so, this would be the first blade on my collection. What tips can you guys give me about maintenance?

On their website (non-damascus) Longclaw is listed as being stainless steel and (non-damascus) Ice is listed as being high carbon steel. Catspaw blade is listed as high carbon damascus steel. Dunno anything about the different types of steel to be honest.

Right now all I have is Robb's sword. I was originally only going to get swords that were supposed to be made out of valyrian steel if they were made from damascus, but now that I've missed the damascus Longclaw I think I'll just forget the damascus versions and pick up the regular Ice and Longclaw.

They said they'll be making Jaime's new sword "Oathkeeper" as well. That should be interesting. I wish they'd go back and make his sword from season 1. Loved that hilt.

JaimeLannisterEW.png

Robb's sword is high carbon steel. You had best get some renaissance wax or blade oil or it will eventually rust.

Thanks for the info. I've been meaning to read up on the different types of steel and wax/oil soon.

I received Ice and The Hound's helm a few days ago. I didn't think Ice would be any longer than my United Cutlery Witch King sword, but it completely dwarfs it. Same with The Hound's helm compared to my predator bio masks.
And now I've ordered two Longclaws. One to keep and one to flip to fund further GoT props. :yess:

Thanks for the info. I've been meaning to read up on the different types of steel and wax/oil soon.

I received Ice and The Hound's helm a few days ago. I didn't think Ice would be any longer than my United Cutlery Witch King sword, but it completely dwarfs it. Same with The Hound's helm compared to my predator bio masks.
And now I've ordered two Longclaws. One to keep and one to flip to fund further GoT props. :yess:

Unless your Longclaw is the damascus version, i wouldn't expect it to gain any value as the stainless version is not limited.

Speaking of flipping, I sold my stainless ICE (book version) for $1200 USD last night on ebay. That is quite the increase on my investment. lol.

How is the Hound's Helm? I was meaning to get that one!

Unless your Longclaw is the damascus version, i wouldn't expect it to gain any value as the stainless version is not limited.

Speaking of flipping, I sold my stainless ICE (book version) for $1200 USD last night on ebay. That is quite the increase on my investment. lol.

How is the Hound's Helm? I was meaning to get that one!
What do you mean it's not limited? I could have sworn I saw a post by Valyrian Steel on their Facebook page saying they didn't expect it to last past this summer. Regardless, someone just sold a stainless show Longclaw for 1 grand on eBay. :lol If I don't ever get that much, I at least expect to make a profit at some point.

Grats on the Ice sell. I wish I had known about VS when the book versions were available.

The Hound's helm is great, and like I said, huge. If I had one complaint it's that the top of the helmet, the "hound" faceplate, could use more silver paint. It's a bit darker/blacker than the rest of the helm. A very minor complaint though, because overall the helm looks fantastic.

What do you mean it's not limited? I could have sworn I saw a post by Valyrian Steel on their Facebook page saying they didn't expect it to last past this summer. Regardless, someone just sold a stainless show Longclaw for 1 grand on eBay. :lol If I don't ever get that much, I at least expect to make a profit at some point.

Grats on the Ice sell. I wish I had known about VS when the book versions were available.

The Hound's helm is great, and like I said, huge. If I had one complaint it's that the top of the helmet, the "hound" faceplate, could use more silver paint. It's a bit darker/blacker than the rest of the helm. A very minor complaint though, because overall the helm looks fantastic.

They must have meant the Damascus wouldn't last. The stainless one has no edition size.

You sure the 1g for the stainless wasn't the book version?

They must have meant the Damascus wouldn't last. The stainless one has no edition size.

You sure the 1g for the stainless wasn't the book version?
The damascus version was already sold out at the time they made this comment. Maybe I read it wrong. :slap

And yeah, it was the show version. Here's the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Longclaw-Sword-of-Jon-Snow-Valyrian-Steel-/291109526234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c77adada&nma=true&si=RQNpNolBLkamCgJ%252FqIdoX9xoPAk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Yeah I heard this sword is huge. Thinking of getting one. I also wouldn't mind purchasing the Oathkeeper sword whenever that one comes out.

I believe Valyrian Steel said to expect Oathkeeper pre-orders sometime this summer. The next sword will be Jaime's sword from season 1.

I believe Valyrian Steel said to expect Oathkeeper pre-orders sometime this summer. The next sword will be Jaime's sword from season 1.

Yeah the first sword is awesome as well. I've never owned a damascus steel sword and I definitely wouldn't mind having at least one of those in damascus for my collection.

Back