Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spudtrooper

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to the forums but I'm no stranger to customizing Star Wars figures. I've been doing 3 3/4" clone wars figures for years and just recently with the ending of the series I got a wild hair and decided that I wanted to try some Sideshow customs. I've been collecting the Sideshow Clones ever since the 212th Attack Battalion trooper came out how ever many years ago it was, so I've got a few.

After I pre-ordered the phase II Captain Rex I got the idea to do a few of the other troopers from the 501st. The Umbara series in the Clone Wars was one of my favorites so I went and got 5 veteran troopers and started what have become my favorite figures...

Dogma:

Jesse:

Hardcase:

Kix:

Tup:

I also have ordered five portrait heads from eBay that I will alter and paint with each troopers individual look, tattoos, hairstyles, etc.

Now they just need their captain.

Re: Spud's Customs

Super! The Umbara story arc was very good. You need Fives in there too. Someone needs to make a Krell.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I would love an ARC Fives. Its funny though because the whole reason I found this forum is through a google image search for the experimental ARC helmet worn by Colt, and later Echo and Fives, and the search turned up a leaked image from Sideshow of Rex's phase II helmet and next to it the ARC trooper helmet. Meaning that Echo and Fives in Arc armor are more than likely to be seen somewhere down the line. Then it would be easy, just get another Fives or maybe just a phase II helmet, attach a range finder and there you go.

mate they are stunning!! if i had the money thats what i would be doing,i am considering an ARC Fives some way down the line but not yet ..

Thanks wraith! I'll get around to posting some of my 3 3/4" customs soon as well. This all has kind of reawakened customizing in me. haha

Awesome work man, they look perfect. If you ever change your mind about 1/6 and want to get rid of them I'm calling dibs.

They are just a 1st CLASS set of custom Clones!! LOVE THEM and I'm green just looking at them. Wish they where in my display case. Well done mate.

Haha Thanks firefighter, appreciate it. They are definitely my favorite Sideshow figures now because I made them special. It was a lot to drop at once but it was so definitely worth it.

Well I know this isn't Star Wars related but its another one of my passions in the realm of customizing and I figured I'd keep it to one thread. I don't know how many of you out there like Avatar but I fell in love with the movie and the world of Pandora. So I decided to turn that into something that is priceless to me. Hope you guys like it.
My diorama of a little slice of Pandora:

Its in two pieces, the larger of which is the first one I did. I still have a lot to do on the other section before I call it finished.

The Trees of Voices I made from artificial bonsais that I did a little altering to and the strands are tassel strands like you would find on a graduation cap.

The majority of the plants I made myself based on plants seen in the film.

And you may have noticed that some of the plants have a glossy finish on them, but that's only because when the lights go out it looks like this:

This has been a project of mine for the last 4 years. I've also made multiple custom Na'vi characters including the main characters.

Amazing work, now take some pics with your 501st there so they look like they're on umbara

Thanks guys. Haha I think they may be a little big for the diorama. It's scaled more to the 3 3/4" variety.

Ohh it looked bigger, it's still sick though. And ya know maybe now having done that you may want to do a 1/6 umbara

That is truly impressive! :clap:

A little black light goes a long way.

I agree this idea could easily be translated into an Umbara landscape.

Thanks guys. Although I could just do my custom Umbara troops for the Hasbro clones that I want to do and then they'd fit right in.

I've been scheming today because I got an extra Sinker and Boost in phase II armor from the Hasbro holiday set in from eBay today and now I'm considering buying two more veteran Sideshow clones to customize into them to go alongside Wolffe. See what this forum has done to me!
Because then I could get an extra Gree head sculpt to go on Boost and maybe a Bly head sculpt for Sinker. Probably would have to add to the hair a bit. So far for the Umbara guys I have Dogma's head and Kix's heads in, just need to convert them.
Wolffe pack.jpg

Back