Fear The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
Another Walking Dead Show Confirmed

I thought with this news from Kirkman, this would be worthy of it's own thread because... He's confirmed it won't have anything to do with the current characters, they won't cross over, and it will probably be in a differant part of the country altogeather.

The Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman Reveals Spin-Off Show Details | Comicbook.com

I think it's absolutely do-able but I do hope we don't start to see ideas reused or saved for the other show instead etc. Would certainly be interesting if it ends up even more popular than Rick's group. :lol

Re: Another Walking Dead Show Confirmed

I guess he's striking while the iron is hot for the $$$ seeing how there is no purpose for this thing to even exist. Maybe will get a leader I can actually get behind. I look forward to seeing The Senator and Vegan :lol

I thought with this news from Kirkman, this would be worthy of it's own thread because... He's confirmed it won't have anything to do with the current characters, they won't cross over, and it will probably be in a differant part of the country altogeather.

https://comicbook.com/blog/2014/01/...robert-kirkman-reveals-spin-off-show-details/

I think it's absolutely do-able but I do hope we don't start to see ideas reused or saved for the other show instead etc. Would certainly be interesting if it ends up even more popular than Rick's group. :lol

Hopefully it's a stark contrast and deals with groups living in dense urban areas. :pray:

“So I can say that it will be another group of characters, surviving in another part of the world. And it’s not going to use any of the core cast from our show. The show will continue uninterrupted, as if the other show doesn’t exist. But the other show will kind of be its own entity.”

Almost makes it seem like he means a differant country. Canada maybe? Would have to be somwhere they speak english if it's going to air on AMC and still draw from the current audience. Canada could be cool, at least we'd finally get snow.

“So I can say that it will be another group of characters, surviving in another part of the world. And it’s not going to use any of the core cast from our show. The show will continue uninterrupted, as if the other show doesn’t exist. But the other show will kind of be its own entity.”

Almost makes it seem like he means a differant country. Canada maybe? Would have to be somwhere they speak english if it's going to air on AMC and still draw from the current audience. Canada could be cool, at least we'd finally get snow.

:exactly: Because they don't speak English in... England. :lol :nana:

They don't believe in zombies over there. Just quick, sick people. :lol

My vote's for Utah. We got city, desert, mountains, beach, fields, SNOW, etc. Lots of nice things to play with there :D

If I lived in that world, I'd be looking for an island. Hawaii maybe? Or Greenland?

I'm headed north. They don't function in a frozen environment and dealing with the odd walker with the occasional thaw is better than fighting off a population of them. :lecture

I think really low climate would be the best bet. Like nam said they would end up freezing stiff, it was like that during the first Winter in the comic. Canada and Alaska would be my choices if I couldn't get to a completely isolated area like an island, plus there is plenty of wildlife to hunt.

Last edited:

You'd eventually need to live in an area you could farm. An all meat diet wouldn't exactly be ideal.

An island would be a good idea... once you cleared all the walkers off you wouldn't get any more. You could farm and hopefully raise some cattle, chickens or whatever

:nono Cockneys vs. Zombies? Shaun of the Dead? :tap

Your post was funny though. :lol

No, I could see it though... The local town constable breaking into the lockup to stock up on billy clubs for the big upcoming debate with the Prime Minister's men.

:lol

You'd eventually need to live in an area you could farm. An all meat diet wouldn't exactly be ideal.

You need sunlight and dirt. The frost might be an issue, but learn to jar everything for the winters, and you're gold.

An island would be a good idea... once you cleared all the walkers off you wouldn't get any more. You could farm and hopefully raise some cattle, chickens or whatever

Too isolated. Plus, natural resources are extremely hard to come by, and you're ****ed if you use them up. Plus, not much of an escape route should walkers walk up on shore from underwater, a shipwreck or a "ghost ship" washes up, dumping the undead onto the island. You can use a boat for escape, but you're cutting your losses and starting over, gambling at finding land and having to clear it out, before your bugout supplies are depleted.

I guess he's striking while the iron is hot for the $$$ seeing how there is no purpose for this thing to even exist. Maybe will get a leader I can actually get behind. I look forward to seeing The Senator and Vegan :lol

I'm not real keen on the idea, but I'll certainly give it a go. Maybe he just wants something that doesn't have a comic that can be compared to it. I'm sure he gets tired of the *****ing.

You need sunlight and dirt. The frost might be an issue, but learn to jar everything for the winters, and you're gold.

With the cold, you'd also need to worry about obtaining fuel for warmth. Whether that's gas or wood or coal, its not exactly a grow able resource like food can be. So I'm not entirely convinced a cold climate would be best long term. Its got certain advantages with the zombies freezing, but you have to worry about freezing yourself as well.

I'd almost think a warmer climate like Georgia could have its advantages with the heat. Wouldn't the heat help decomp along? Once they are rotted enough zombies are more or less paralyzed in place.

Too isolated. Plus, natural resources are extremely hard to come by, and you're ****ed if you use them up. Plus, not much of an escape route should walkers walk up on shore from underwater, a shipwreck or a "ghost ship" washes up, dumping the undead onto the island. You can use a boat for escape, but you're cutting your losses and starting over, gambling at finding land and having to clear it out, before your bugout supplies are depleted.
A random ship full of zombies washes up and somehow they all manage to find their way off of it? :lol

And I have a hard time believing that walkers would know to go underwater and walk miles on the ocean floor to some random island where a handful of people have set up camp...:lol

I think the odds of any of that happening are incredibly slim if not non-existent...but the premise would never work in a Walking Dead show for that same reason. There'd be no threat.

Back