Indiana Jones Photonovel - "The Mayan Secret" - Chapter 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance Quazar

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. Here is my take on "Indiana Jones and the Mayan Secret" - my entry in the fantastic contest sponsored by the IndyCast and our own amazingly talented Hemble!

I hope you all enjoy it! Any and all forms of comments/feedback are always greatly appreciated!

IJMS001.jpg

IJMS002.jpg

IJMS003.jpg

IJMS004.jpg

IJMS005.jpg

IJMS006.jpg

IJMS007.jpg

IJMS008.jpg

IJMS009.jpg

IJMS010.jpg

IJMS011.jpg

IJMS012.jpg

IJMS013.jpg

IJMS014.jpg

IJMS015.jpg

IJMS016.jpg

IJMS017.jpg

IJMS018.jpg

IJMS019.jpg

IJMS020.jpg

IJMS021.jpg

IJMS022.jpg

IJMS023.jpg

IJMS024.jpg

IJMS025.jpg

IJMS026.jpg

IJMS027.jpg

IJMS028.jpg

IJMS029.jpg

IJMS030.jpg

IJMS031.jpg

IJMS032.jpg

IJMS033.jpg

IJMS034.jpg

IJMS035.jpg

IJMS036.jpg

IJMS037.jpg

IJMS038.jpg

IJMS039.jpg

IJMS040.jpg

IJMS041.jpg

IJMS042.jpg

IJMS043.jpg

IJMS044.jpg

IJMS045.jpg

IJMS046.jpg

IJMS047.jpg

IJMS048.jpg

IJMS049.jpg

IJMS050.jpg

IJMS051.jpg

IJMS052.jpg

IJMS053.jpg

IJMS054.jpg

IJMS055.jpg

IJMS056.jpg

IJMS057.jpg

IJMS058.jpg

IJMS059.jpg

IJMS060.jpg

IJMS061.jpg

IJMS062.jpg

IJMS063.jpg

IJMS064.jpg

IJMS065.jpg

IJMS066.jpg

IJMS067.jpg

IJMS068.jpg

IJMS069.jpg

IJMS070.jpg

IJMS071.jpg

IJMS072.jpg

IJMS073.jpg

IJMS074.jpg

IJMS075.jpg

IJMS076.jpg

IJMS077.jpg

IJMS078.jpg

IJMS079.jpg

IJMS080.jpg

IJMS081.jpg

IJMS082.jpg

IJMS083.jpg

IJMS084.jpg

IJMS085.jpg

IJMS086.jpg

IJMS087.jpg

IJMS088.jpg

IJMS089.jpg

IJMS090.jpg

IJMS091.jpg

IJMS092.jpg

IJMS093.jpg

IJMS094.jpg

IJMS095.jpg

IJMS096.jpg

IJMS097.jpg

IJMS098.jpg

IJMS099.jpg

IJMS100.jpg

IJMS101.jpg

IJMS102.jpg

IJMS103.jpg

IJMS104.jpg

IJMS105.jpg

IJMS106.jpg

IJMS107.jpg

IJMS108.jpg

IJMS109.jpg

IJMS110.jpg

IJMS111.jpg

IJMS112.jpg

IJMS113.jpg

IJMS114.jpg

IJMS115.jpg

IJMS116.jpg

IJMS117.jpg

IJMS118.jpg

IJMS119.jpg

IJMS120.jpg

IJMS121.jpg

IJMS122.jpg

IJMS123.jpg

IJMS124.jpg

IJMS125.jpg

IJMS125a.jpg

This is cool. Although unless it was Americanized since the events of Temple of Doom, I believe the sergeant's name should be spelled Li. I loved the "step where I step and don't touch anything" line. Can't wait to see Indy pop up in this.

that is intense lol

Thanks for checking it out! Much appreciated.

This is cool. Although unless it was Americanized since the events of Temple of Doom, I believe the sergeant's name should be spelled Li. I loved the "step where I step and don't touch anything" line. Can't wait to see Indy pop up in this.

:) Thanks very much.

I do think that many Chinese immigrants Americanized/Anglicized their names as "Lee." Particularly for old timey generations in the forties. That was my high school Chinese teacher's name, at any rate, even though it's more properly spelled "Li".

Really appreciate the comments!

Indy will appear in Chapter 2, which I'll post at the end of the week.

:)

My family Americanized the pronunciation of our German last name during WWI so makes sense! Is this already finished or are you making it up as you go? What programs did you use to make this? Seems like a fun way to use action figures.

This is insanely cool. And I like how you have Army Indy his MK VII bag (and I assume the whip, too?). I did the same with my custom WW2 Indy figure. :)

My family Americanized the pronunciation of our German last name during WWI so makes sense! Is this already finished or are you making it up as you go? What programs did you use to make this?

Chapter 2 is completely done and will be posted later in the week. The rest hasn't been shot yet. I am anticipating 4-5 chapters total.

I have the broad strokes of the story mapped out in my head. know exactly what's going to happen in Chapter 3. However, I am still pinning down a few details near the end - although I know what the very end is going to be and will be working towards it. The uncertainly mostly surrounds a few action sequences late in the story, but I know all the major story turns.

Used photoshop for the editing and special effects.

Seems like a fun way to use action figures.

Hey, if you like action figure stories, let me direct your attention to this amazing website -

https://www.photonovelalliance.com

Which has archived tons of terrific (Star Wars) action figure stories. I've been involved over the past year helping the site owner find and upload some rare and forgotten gems. I have a story myself there called "Aayla Secura: Resurrection" which I'm reasonably proud of.

Thanks again for your comments, much appreciated!!

This is insanely cool. And I like how you have Army Indy his MK VII bag (and I assume the whip, too?). I did the same with my custom WW2 Indy figure. :)

Yeah, the whip is there, too, but take another look - it's not Indy!

WW2 Indy will appear in the second chapter!

Thanks!!

Lance no matter how many times I look at the two chapters you have done I always notice something different. Awesome work buddy and I can't wait to see chapter 3.

Ron

Thanks again, Ron! Your continued support and enthusiasm is extremely appreciated!

Without you, quite literally, this project wouldn't exist.

:D

Excellent! And insanely ambitious! Mine was maybe half a dozen photos long, ha ha ha.

And how's this for unlikely:

My entry also utilized that Storm Shadow head as an adult Wan Li. No joke.

When will the winner be announced, Ron?

Excellent! And insanely ambitious! Mine was maybe half a dozen photos long, ha ha ha.

And how's this for unlikely:

My entry also utilized that Storm Shadow head as an adult Wan Li. No joke.

When will the winner be announced, Ron?

Awesome!!! That is fantastic!!! Glad to see I'm not the only Short Round fan around here.

Can't wait to see your work!!! I hope Ed gets to posting the other entries ASAP! He did say in the last podcast that they would be posted "soon", so I'm keeping my eye on the Indycast page and Facebook page....

Thanks for reading and commenting, much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing your story!

Thanks; until I saw yours I assumed we weren't supposed to share our stories until the contest results were shared. Maybe I'll post mine somewhere.

In the meantime, yeah, I'm a huge fan of Shorty. Here's a short essay I wrote about him on my long-abandoned blog:

https://twofistedtoytalk.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/wan-li/

I was disappointed that there was no Short Round cameo in Crystal Skull.

Thanks; until I saw yours I assumed we weren't supposed to share our stories until the contest results were shared. Maybe I'll post mine somewhere.

I cleared it with Ron and Ed ahead of time and waited until the entry deadline had passed.

I was disappointed that there was no Short Round cameo in Crystal Skull.

It was a CRIME that he wasn't in the wedding scene, a CRIME I tells ya!

Cool, I'll be sure to check out your essay!

Back