Who'd like to see HT make a George Reeves Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck72586

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if I've ever seen a thread on this guy, so apologies if there is one, but every now and again George Reeves is brought up and with HT getting ready to ship the Adam West Batman and presumably Burt Ward Robin soon after it makes you wonder if they may look into another older representation of a character like a George Reeves Superman. I know if they made one he'd be one of those "Holy Grail" pieces to add to my collection and he really is long overdue for some type of high end collectible. Not sure if there are maybe some likeness issues that might be tough to get around, but none the less he'd be a great figure to have. I think it would be pretty cool if HT did a two pack that included a black and white version as well as one in color. His accessories could include exactly what you see in the opening sequence of the show. A space/earth backdrop, American flag and the rock/meteor (or is that supposed to be planet earth as well?) that he's standing on as his base. So, who else would be interested to see this happen?
george-reeves-americanflag.jpg

I'd love to see it. I think it's one of those iconic iterations of the character, and I think it'd be well deserved if they did. Personally, I think it'd be fantastic if they took a cue from Sideshow and made a variant "Black & White" version, as well, if they ever did make it.

I don't really see it happening. I think the only reason we got the Adam West Batman and Burt Ward Robin is because the show was a pretty big piece of pop culture and memorable to a wide audience (beyond just people who grew up in the sixties). I don't know that the George Reeves Superman would have as wide an appeal to be honest.

I don't really see it happening. I think the only reason we got the Adam West Batman and Burt Ward Robin is because the show was a pretty big piece of pop culture and memorable to a wide audience (beyond just people who grew up in the sixties). I don't know that the George Reeves Superman would have as wide an appeal to be honest.

Maybe, but how many people of that wide audience are going to spend $200 plus dollars on a figure of Adam West or Burt Ward? The people who would buy those figures or a figure of George Reeves are a fraction of the total audience who are aware or familiar with the old shows. Really, the target customer base are the fans of Superman or Batman who are collectors as well instead of a wider general audience. I think if someone is a big enough fan of Superman to collect high end collectibles they're at least aware of who George Reeves was and the tv show and I think there's a good chance they'd want to add it to their collection.

I'd even buy a Kirk Alyn figure. I'd love to see a full line-up in 1:6. (I'm in no rush to get a Tom Welling figure tho)

supermen2.jpg

I'm not a fan of the show, but I'd get it. I'd get Kirk Alyn and Dean Cain too.

I like Superman.

(I have 3 custom Tom Wellings too. so :pfft: booshman)

I will buy all the Superman figures I can get--any version. Time for Iron Man and Batman to take a rest and let Superman catch up.

Count me in. It would be very nice to see 3 generations of the World's Finest from TV and movies. Reeves/West. Reeve/Keaton. Cavill/Bale. I think that would be epic.

Then add SSC's comicbook Batman and Superman. Awesome.

Count me in. It would be very nice to see 3 generations of the World's Finest from TV and movies. Reeves/West. Reeve/Keaton. Cavill/Bale. I think that would be epic.

Yea, I think that's the best part of having a figure like a West Batman or Reeves Superman. While there are certainly some things to enjoy from those old tv shows, I would think many people aren't huge fans of them or just prefer more recent iterations of the characters. But, the cultural and historical impact these versions had on the characters is very important and I think makes them worthy to add to any collection. Especially when you have other versions like Reeve/Cavill or Keaton/Bale to put them next to.

I would actually put Cavill with Affleck since they will be together and the Bale era ended before Cavill. Technically you'd put pair Routh with Bale.

The day we get figures of every live-action Superman and Batman is the day that I expect to see a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, John Wesley Shipp Flash, and figures from Arrow and The Flash (2014).:lol

I only know one superman and that's Christopher Reeve.. I mean this guy is from the 50-60s I think? You gotta be a serious old timer to remember this guy and I'm pushing 40 lol

Hum... I'm almost 45 and Reeve is the Superman of my childhood too.

That said, any Superman fan can't dismiss Reeves or Allyn. I like them both too and would gladly buy them... Though it will never happen I'm sure...:(

I only know one superman and that's Christopher Reeve.. I mean this guy is from the 50-60s I think? You gotta be a serious old timer to remember this guy and I'm pushing 40 lol

Back