Go Hero + Executive Replicas Lost in Space

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yodasan

Star Frak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Email announcement from these two companies saying they are teaming up to do classic Lost in Space figures:

Executive Replicas Inc. to produce collectibles
based on classic sci-fi hit television series ‘Lost In Space’,
with Go Hero LLC and Phicen Limited.

Executive Replicas, leaders in classic horror, sci-fi and pop-culture collectibles, is proud to announce new high-end collectibles, figures, and more based on the classic hit series “Lost in Space”.
With art direction from long-time partners Go Hero, and production excellence from Phicen Limited, Executive Replicas is set to deliver the high-end figural treatment to these beloved characters. New figures include 1/6th scale versions of Judy Robinson, Penny Robinson, Will Robinson, John Robinson with Jet Pack, Verda the Android, Anti Matter John & Don, Idak, The Robot… just to name a few. Will Robinson will feature a new body by Phicen.

‘Growing up Lost in Space was the show for me. I love it and wanted nothing more to have my own B9 robot and fly in a Jupiter 2…Now I have the great opportunity to be involved in a great franchise that I have an emotional attachment to and be in a position that I can produce some great things.’ ~ Winston Dunlop

Beginning in 2014 Executive Replicas will showcase and release for sale the 1/6th scale versions of Judy Robinson, Penny Robinson, Will Robinson, Verda, and John Robinson with jet packs. But that not the end, we have other great exciting news on the products we will be releasing after the 1/6th scale versions are underway.
Fans of classic television, retro robots, and space adventure, it is time, once again to get…LOST IN SPACE!

No mention of Dr. Smith?

Who made these figures previously? There was John, Smith, Maureen and a planned Penny I believe.

My singular admiration for Johnny Williams began with this series when I was a wee lad.

If these turn out good I'm all in - very fond boyhood TV memories here. Bring on the robot!

John Robinson with Jet Pack... could it finally be possible to make a custom Thunderball Bond figure?

Executive Replicas and Go-Hero have worked closely for a long while, and the new partnership with Phicen fills the gap left by Day2Day, their former supplier of bodies. The head sculpts are probably the ones posted at Joy & Tom Studios' website. (Their son Josh is Snyder-man here at SSF.) J&T did the sculpts of the previous Lost in Space figures - Dr Smith, John and Maureen, the Keeper, and Don West. The likenesses are uniformly excellent, as you would expect from the Snyders.

Last edited:
Yeah, it seems they are just releasing what remained of the Sci Fi Metropolis line, which included Dr Smith (every single thing mentioned in this press release was announced at one time y Sci Fi Metropolis, so it seems they are just finishing what Sci Fi Metropolis started). The sculpts really are not up to today's standards, nor are the bodies or outfits. Very toy-like. I do hope they upgrade these remaining figures as I'm sure they will be priced sky high.

At one time years ago Sci Fi Metropolis also had a 1/6 scale Space Pod on their website. Now THAT would be awesome.

Moebius Models just released a very accurate 1/6 scale Lost in Space B9 robot kit. The one problem is the arms don't move but you get two sets of arms with the kit (retracted and extended).

Sean

VintijDroidGutzz: It sounds like these are going to be all new though..

Hmm, I hope so, but I'm not so sure. I think the "new" really means "unreleased". I say this because the planned releases are exactly what Sci Fi Metropolis announced in the past and Go Hero/Executive Replicas are only releasing what has so far been unreleased by Sci Fi Metropolis, but was in production by them (as photos, prototypes and even pre-orders existed).

If they were all new I'd imagine they'd include the actual main characters (Don, Maureen, John, Dr Smith) rather than the remainder of Sci Fi Metropolis' catalog of unreleased figures. I think Go Hero/Executive Replicas just took over and is using what Sci Fi Metropolis had already begun.

Anyway, whatever the case I'm glad they are finally finishing up the line. I just hope they upgrade it or, if not, keep the price low.

Sean

Last edited:
Since I already have the Scifimetropolis figures I would rather see them finish out the line than start over. While there is nothing wrong with wanting an upgrade I can't see people willing to pay $175 to $200 for "Hot Toys" quality versions of these characters. While the uniforms could have been a little better, the portraits were comparable to anything Sideshow has put out in terms of likeness. I recently learned the Snyders are no longer working with Executive Replicas, so based on the Commando Cody revel thier prototypes will likely be reworked or scrapped altogether. Either way I'm looking forward to finishing out the Robinson family.

The Scifi Metropolis figures are quite good, except for Maureen's body which fell apart. But the sculpts and costumes were great. However I don't imagine many people will pay HT prices for Lost in Space figures.

I asked Go Hero specifics about the releases and they said they are doing new sculpts and stepping up the quality from the toy-like sculpts and quality of previous Sci Fi Metropolis releases, so that's good news! While they are releasing new versions of John and Don (though in specific looks, not the basic figure in uniform) they did not indicate they are redoing Dr Smith (or Mrs Robinson). They are also keeping the same figure stands from the Sci Fi Metropolis releases.

I also asked them about that cool 2001: A Space Odyssey figure with 1/6 space pod that was shown years ago next to the Go Hero booth at a toy show and they said Executive Replicas should have news on that soon. So that alone is an amazing development!

Sean

Good news about improvements. Bad news about Smith. Smith and Will and B9 is all you really need for a display. Not making Smith is a real headscratcher since I don't think you can get his older version. Are they just catering to those who have incomplete sets?

At this point, I'm just looking for the Thunderball jetpack then.

Dr. Smith should still be available from Executive Replicas. The first three figures were over produced and still show up for around retail on ebay last time I checked. As someone who supported this line from the beginning I'll be disappointed if the new releases clash with the figures I already have. As much as I loved this show I can admit that it was served with a large helping of cheese, and as such the first figures released had that same brand of charm.

Back