Premium Format Will you be buying the Superman Christopher Reeve Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying the Superman Christopher Reeve Premium Format Statue

• Total voters

ActionJackson83

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's be honest they will likely 95% not be changing anything for this statue so given those facts, will you be buying this statue?

I don't collect PFs, but this would've been the only one I would've bought. This is my Superman from when I was 8. I understand how difficult it must be for some. Here is this PF that has great potential, but alas falls short. It is to date one of the best CR quarter scales, but could've been the only one you would ever want. I would be surprised if SSC even makes an attempt at improving on the prototype. That's just not their style, which is kind of sad because Hot Toys would have, even though I know their quarter scales are not mixed media statues. SSC needs to step up.:monkey2

A suggestion: The poll over at SF has three options, basis that I would have gone with the third one:

I like Christopher Reeve PF as is and I will buy it.
I like Christopher Reeve PF to be tweaked or I won’t buy it.
I do not intend on buying a Christopher Reeve PF

:)

It's simply yes or no given that there's likely no chance of changes by stating no you acknowledge that fact, and will not be willing to support "this" version of a Christopher Reeve PF, by stating yes you will be purchasing the statue as shown, and like what is presented.

A suggestion: The poll over at SF has three options, basis that I would have gone with the third one:

Yeah, I think it would be wise to include the 3rd option. I voted no just because I buy comic based statues only. For this reason, I won't be buying any movie related pieces even though I really enjoyed Reeve's first 2 Supes movies. Passed on the Keaton Bats for the same reason.

Yeah, I think it would be wise to include the 3rd option. I voted no just because I buy comic based statues only. For this reason, I won't be buying any movie related pieces even though I really enjoyed Reeve's first 2 Supes movies. Passed on the Keaton Bats for the same reason.

I said no but for the same reason as filip. I loved both the Iron Man & Hulk MQ's but skipped them both just because they were the movie versions

I think this Reeves looks good. If I was a fan of movie PF's then yeah I would buy it. It does need tweaking though

I don't collect PFs, but this would've been the only one I would've bought. This is my Superman from when I was 8. I understand how difficult it must be for some. Here is this PF that has great potential, but alas falls short. It is to date one of the best CR quarter scales, but could've been the only one you would ever want. I would be surprised if SSC even makes an attempt at improving on the prototype. That's just not their style, which is kind of sad because Hot Toys would have, even though I know their quarter scales are not mixed media statues. SSC needs to step up.:monkey2

What like how HT improved that mess of an Indiana Jones figure they did :D

There is no "most likely" so I voted yes. LOL. I love this PF, just waiting to see if I'll have funds available after TWS offerings come up.

I was but then I saw the pose, just didn't appeal to me, so No, I feel they could have found a more Iconic Pose from the Movies and he looks older to me than the prototype and the screen version JMO, if a statue does not make me go Cool or Bada$$ every-time I see it, I just cannot justify spending that kind of Money so it's is not going to happen + plus I am Picky as Hell :lol:lol:lol

P.S. If I see it in hand on the boards or in person and it looks better, may be Yes

I'm very happy with my DC Direct C Reeve statue and my 1/6 Hot Toys Dad Brando figure...all I need

Only if Sideshow gives me one for free. Sad that everyone was so pumped up for this long due CR statue since they teased the hs development pic and it didn't turn out to be a definitive one.

Vote please V. :wink1:

I have often wondered who is the A$$ Hat that OK's the poses for these sculpts, must be the same Incompetent Useless One that OK's the Paint Jobs, SSC is loosing money with these type of poses and poor workmanship, it's just unbelievable sometimes they make a profit at all, sounds like a Government Entity :lol:lol:lol

Back