Sideshow Harley sixth scale action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's back into DC waters tonight with a look at Sideshow's very pretty sixth scale Harley Quinn! The sculpt, the paint, the accessories, the outfit - all outstanding. And yet, she only managed to be average overall. What went wrong? The review is at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Really nice review man. Kind of a shame about the articulation issues, especially at that price. She does look fantastic and you got some awesome poses!

Thans for the review! I do find this harley fits better with the HT 89 joker than the ssc comic joker due to the different direction taken on the sculpt, but its an excellent piece on its own.

Love this figure but can't keep her. Look at my sales thread if anyone is interested. Shes an Exclusive BTW.

Very informative review. I was thinking of purchasing her and Catwoman, but after reading your review and the reaction from other owners regarding the hands and the knees, I decided to just keep my money for HQ and use my budget for Catwoman to purchase the new Black Widow, as they are of the same price. I PO'd Baroness which I think is using the same body, but I really need that figure for my Joe collection.

If SSC won't take action and make significant improvements on both their female and male base bodies while they are boldly charging Hot Toys prices now, more and more people would stay away from their figures, save for those who are willing to pay extra for replacement bodies on top of their SRP.

ughhh I love the way the figure looks but the problems you mentioned are keeping me from ordering her

I don't get why she has an all white face while Jokers got splashed with horrible shades of pink, I understand his is skin while hers is make-up but when displayed together it really stands out.

Like the hands, the boots pop off with barely a touch. Of course, they also pop on with barely a touch, but that's not particularly helpful. By the time I finished the photos, I was ready to take a life.

:lol

I felt the same.

Just a few thoughts:

1) I went through the spare wrist pegs and ankle pegs finding ones that were tighter than the ones she came with. Made a huge difference.

2) Pegs that fall out easily can be coated with a layer of super glue or nail polish. That will make them a little thicker and they will hold well.

3) I am disappointed with the hip articulation. Her legs are permanently spread. That's okay for most poses, but not all.

I love this figure though, and after swapping the pegs, I don't have the issues you talk about.

Over the body suit is a frilly corset that laces up the front and back. It looks great most of the time, but you do have to dink around with the shoulder straps a lot. Keeping them in place is a chore, but once you find the pose you like they'll stay - until you pose her again.

That's 50% of the reason I took the corset off of mine. For me, it's as irritating as the initial loose joints.

And she really does look a lot better to me without the corset. No chance of having to struggle with putting it back on for me.

Last edited:
Back