Vanderstelt studio - sauron custom paint jobs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchart

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Sorry I have been gone so long; been buried in Middle Earth and in the land of Star Wars! I am currently working on my Hobbit DOS art piece. I also have around 10 LOTR/HOBBIT private commissions in line.

I wanted to open up the possibility of offering custom paint jobs on the Sauron statues! What I have in mind is to create paint jobs that closely reflect what the Original art looked like, that I created for Sideshow, like the image below.

blacksteel_zpsbbe2126f.jpg

VanderSteltSauronforweb.jpg

Of course, customers would have to take all responsibility to properly box the statue back up, fully insure it to and from my location, and any damages would be through the carrier, not me. UPS is not cheap, necessarily, but they are the best with fully insuring packages, especially the size the Sauron piece is. I cannot guarantee the paint job due to my inability to control what environment the statue is in, etc.
I would however, take all precautions to use protective clear coating techniques where needed. What I am considering is mostly the armour, ground, hot lava cracking, battle debris, shields etc. The cloth would need to be experimented with. My schedule is backed up right now, but this would be a good filler when I have a little time in between jobs. : )

I can be reached via email at: [email protected] please do not PM me here on this forum because I likely will not catch it. Emails work best. Take care guys,

JV

It would be cool to get it repainted, but shipping alone is gonna cost a ton. Then one risks breakage, and there is plenty to break. I could never risk it.

That's a great idea Jerry. I'm sure many collectors would love you to do a custom job on their Sauron PF, as we all know you would do a great job on it. However as you know, shipping would be a killer for many of us (for such a big piece). I do wish you the best of luck with it though and hope many take you up on this great offer.

Hope you will show us one, when you get it finished.

Back