No Hot Toys Brown shipper box when purchased new from SSC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjadriveby

Freaked Out
Reaction score
After about a month wait of having to return the wrong item sent to me, I finally received the HT Diecast War Machine SS Ex that I ordered.

I'm quite a bit disappointed that it did not include the original Hot Toys shipping carton, considering I bought this brand new from SSC. Having ordered other figures from them in the past, they've always included the HT shipper. Why not with this one?

Am I asking too much to expect that a new item, purchased directly from the distributor would be in a sealed HT shipping box when I receive it?

Yeah that kinda sucks. You must have one of the last they had for returns or something. Probably not much they'll do about it, but at least you got the exclusive.

Wow, that kinda sucks. Never had that experience in all my time ordering from them. Was it factory sealed? Also, what box did they ship it in if it wasn't the factory HT shipper?

They shipped it in a plain brown box that barely fit the War Machine art box lengthwise. Packed with it was one of the collectible care kits, which I think was a gesture for the month I had to wait for them sending me the wrong item the first time. I gave them a call and they said that there's nothing they can do about it since they don't keep extra Hot Toys shipping boxes around.

As for the War Machine figure I did receive, it was hard to tell if it was factory sealed since there was just a plastic wrap going vertical around the box, holding the top and bottom pieces of it together. That was my first concern when I saw it, so I opened the box and checked the figure for defects. Nothing inside the packaging looked out of place except for the shoulder cannon on the mini hologram figure being broken (but I've heard that this happened with others, I think it's just a QC issue of it being improperly glued on).

I'm rethinking where I should order my stuff from now on. The only reason I'm getting anything from SSC now is if it's an exclusive. Since I'm also in California, they have to charge tax, so it's already more expensive getting anything through them.

Its a shipping box. That's like complaining you didn't get the original HT cargo container too. Its just is just to get you the figure. Its really not part of the actual item.

Considering that some collectors only buy figures in sealed brown shippers makes me think that it is more than a simple box with no value. I've seen some people on this forum even pay to get the brown shippers they were missing for specific figures. I consider it as part of the original packaging and desire to have it, is that too much to ask or expect when buying something brand new from SSC? Nearly every other new Hot Toys figure I've received from a retailer has included the original shipping box.

Though it's a shipping box they come sealed & there's literally no reason for a Sideshow employee to open it. No telling if the figure was removed from it's packaging from there on out, and having it arrived with a damaged exclusive just makes things worse. I'd send it back personally.

Its a shipping box. That's like complaining you didn't get the original HT cargo container too. Its just is just to get you the figure. Its really not part of the actual item.
To a lot of people yes it is part of the figure. It is not a deal breaker, but I like to have them with my HTs and SS pieces also.

Back