Indiana Jones and The Adventure of Archaeology (Traveling Exhibit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
530439_414029915289879_530570405_n.jpg

Last in Santa Ana, California the Exhibit opens again this weekend in Fort Worth, Texas... where it will be until August. After that, it will be in Edmonton, Canada from October through March 2015. After that... who knows.

Anyone going? I'll be there this Sunday. It's coinciding with another Indy-related trip for me so I couldn't pass up going to this again in another city. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, is different from the Santa Ana one last year.

Here is the official site: https://www.indianajonestheexhibition.com/'

By the way, if you want this to visit your home town/state or somewhere else suitable we encourage you to let your local science center/discovery museum know and try to drum up interest. As it turns out, they're basically going wherever they are wanted... and it's up to the museums to express interest in showing it. The reason why they're going to Edmonton after Ft. Worth is simply because that was the next place that wanted it.

I'm going to be in Austin in April, so I may try to get up the Fort Worth to see this. Thanks for the heads-up!

I plan on hitting this up while it's there. We have friends in the Dallas area that we can stay with.

Take lots of pictures if you can Irish! Wish it was coming somewhere near my hometown. I hear they have some cool stuff at the gift shop too.

Yeah, I dropped over $300 in the gift shop last time! :lol Kinda hoping there's not a ton of new stuff this time. :p

Will definitely take lots of pics! :duff

Awesome-just relocated to Dallas from Philadelphia last year-this is a definite visit for me-got my teenage daughter into the Indy series at a very early age so she'll be taking the trip with me. Her & I just saw ROTLA at the Alamo Drafthouse in November.

By the way, if you want this to visit your home town/state or somewhere else suitable we encourage you to let your local science center/discovery museum know and try to drum up interest. As it turns out, they're basically going wherever they are wanted... and it's up to the museums to express interest in showing it. The reason why they're going to Edmonton after Ft. Worth is simply because that was the next place that wanted it.

Thanks for the tip. I am going to have to start calling my museum about this!

That's what I need to do. While they are really good, I don't think my museums think outside the box much.

It's such a great exhibit. I think I actually enjoyed the layout in Fort Worth more than California. Also, they have Orellana's full mummy prop on display. The one in CA didn't have that.

Also, the gift shop at the Fort Worth showing is quite classy:

1969239_650885728280443_268048817_n.jpg

I managed to get all of the items that I couldn't get in California last year (I went to that one on the 2nd to last weekend):

10001527_651007474934935_1050463241_n.jpg

My pics from the exhibit to come soon!

Thanks Irish! Can't wait to see them!

Any chance you're going back while the show is still there?

Yeah, I may go again in May and/or early August.

It runs through August 10th.

(BTW, there is also an AWESOME Samurai Armor exhibit at the museum across the street. I went there on Sunday. It runs through August as well. If you're into that kind of thing, it's also a must-see.)

This looks awesome. Thanks for the pics. Super happy because I have a Sir Richard sheild and it's spot on to the prop in your photo.

Wow, that looks fantastic. The April visit won't work out for me, but I'm planning to go out to see it hopefully around 4th of July holiday. Just have to fit it around my work schedule. Thanks for sharing the photos!

I'm campaigning hard to get the Indy exhibit to come here to Denver. I've started hitting them hard through social media. Wish I had some show pamphlets to physically mail to the museum too. Fingers crossed.

Back