Jock's plane?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I want to make a small dio with Jocks plane in it and I think it was a WACO UBF-2 . Was there ever a kit of this model or does anyone know of a model kit that is similar.

Ron

Good luck! I've been trying to find a Pan Am Clipper and the fighters from Last Crusade. I've seen some Pan Am kits, but they are not accurate to the film version. No luck on the planes at all.

Good luck! I've been trying to find a Pan Am Clipper and the fighters from Last Crusade. I've seen some Pan Am kits, but they are not accurate to the film version. No luck on the planes at all.

Hey Jay,

Yeah it's bloody hard that is for sure but I'll keep trying and thanks for letting me know.

Ron

I WAS able to get a great Ford Tri Motor aka Lao Che's plane from TOD. Haven't built it yet as I'm moving, but will over the next year. The kit is made by Revell and is relatively inexpensive.

The reason for that is because the plane used in RAIDERS was not really a Pan-Am Clipper. It's a Short Solent Mark III Flying Boat that they made to look like a PAC.

The actual plane is on display at an air museum in Oakland. I visited it last year and even got to inside and actually sit in Indy's seat. :)

1544532_10153860930560107_246718932_n.jpg

Hot damn Irish! Didn't know that. I've seen pics of the model they used, but they don't mention WHAT plane they actually used. Now we can find a kit. Thanks!

I think I found the kit I want for the Flying Boat, thanks again Irish!

I've also been trying to locate the type of planes used for the fighter planes in Last Crusade. The Lucasfilm Archives book had them listed as a pilatus. However I've heard Robert Watts refer to them as messerschmitts. The model shop might have used a different plane altogether or bashed them out of period-looking kits.

Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't bee around to much, I had major surgery on my ankle and knee and have been pumped full of nice drugs :chillpill: to stop the pain.

IrishJedi - Nice pics of the clipper that would have been awesome to see.

Jay1138 - Yeah I'm still trying to find something close to Jock's Plane but no luck still. And the planes they used in Crusade were a trainer a Pilatus P2.

Ron

I think I found the kit I want for the Flying Boat, thanks again Irish!

I've also been trying to locate the type of planes used for the fighter planes in Last Crusade. The Lucasfilm Archives book had them listed as a pilatus. However I've heard Robert Watts refer to them as messerschmitts. The model shop might have used a different plane altogether or bashed them out of period-looking kits.

Awesome and no problem. I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't bee around to much, I had major surgery on my ankle and knee and have been pumped full of nice drugs :chillpill: to stop the pain.

IrishJedi - Nice pics of the clipper that would have been awesome to see.

Ron

Thanks, Ron. If you're ever over Stateside and in the San Francisco Bay Area it is a must!

A guy in this thread seems to have identified it -

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft/166649-airplane-indiana-jones-print.html

WACO UBF-2, he says if you don't feel like scrolling. But the thread is educational!

Good info! Thanks for the link.

Back