Play Imaginative 1/12 Super Alloy Iron Man series? is there a market for it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imac

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hot Toys is becoming too expensive for most people. Is there a buy or resale market for 1/12 from Super Alloy?

Considering PI charged upwards of $200 more for their 1/6 line than Hot Toys does, I don't see them being an 'affordable' alternative.

I don't think PI make 1/6 line. They only have 1/4 and 1/12 for Iron Man. I am thinking about selling Super Alloy line to "support" my new found "hobby". I have regular job so I am not into full time selling and eBay is too costing. I am thinking about giving the 1/12 Super Alloy Igor a try. I see online selling for $209-219 plus shipping. What are people willing on the Ogor? Anyone interest in doing a group buy?

I don't think PI make 1/6 line. They only have 1/4 and 1/12 for Iron Man. I am thinking about selling Super Alloy line to "support" my new found "hobby". I have regular job so I am not into full time selling and eBay is too costing. I am thinking about giving the 1/12 Super Alloy Igor a try. I see online selling for $209-219 plus shipping. What are people willing on the Ogor? Anyone interest in doing a group buy?

Considering the amount of controversy the price of 1:6 figures causes amongst collectors, imho PI will probably struggle to get much traction for the 1:12 range, at the RRP they want/need to make it economically viable.. yes, it's diecast but tbh I very much doubt there is much of a market for very expensive 1:12 figures.. even Iron Man figures.

Don't know where you guys are getting $200+ for their 1:12 scale Iron Man line... they're actually going for around $100 each.
And I believe there is a market for them. People who collect 6-7 inch figures would be interested to have these in their collections. There are a lot more people that collect 1:12 than there is 1:6 or 1:4. I don't know about you, but I rather have these than some cheap Marvel Legends line.

Well... he is going to be a little taller and quite a bit wider than any of the other suits, and I see the concern for the price hike on this figure. I am sure this one took some extra engineering. Especially since he will be humped over and it being die-cast... they need to keep it from tipping. Remember... he is slouched over. If he could stand straight up, he'd probably the equivalent of a 10 inch figure instead of an 8 inch figure. I agree and understand that materials and extra engineering should require a price boost, but not double the other figures. Maybe $25-$40 extra at best

Don't know where you guys are getting $200+ for their 1:12 scale Iron Man line... they're actually going for around $100 each.
And I believe there is a market for them. People who collect 6-7 inch figures would be interested to have these in their collections. There are a lot more people that collect 1:12 than there is 1:6 or 1:4. I don't know about you, but I rather have these than some cheap Marvel Legends line.

Hmmm.. approx $100 for 6 inch figures and over $200 for a slightly oversized 1:12 figure?.. I've gotta ask the obvious question, exactly how many of those PI figures have you personally bought?

I am not disputing the fact there are lots of people who collect 1:12.. I could be wrong but I think many of them do so, precisely because the figures are cheaper to collect and I think the 1:12 market is even more sensitive to price, than premium 1:6 and 1:4 collectors.

Lol... I don't own any. I actually only collect 1:6 scale. I just figured these would be a lot more affordable than collecting HT, Enterbay, and so on. $100 is still cheaper than 1:6 figures which are at the level of HT and Other high end companies.

Lol... I don't own any. I actually only collect 1:6 scale. I just figured these would be a lot more affordable than collecting HT, Enterbay, and so on. $100 is still cheaper than 1:6 figures which are at the level of HT and Other high end companies.

:lol ..I suspected you were liking, but not buying.. I take the point you are making, these figures are 'cheaper' than their 1:6 alternatives, however I think the RRP only looks appealing to 1:6 and 1:4 scale collectors.. I just don't think the 1:12 market will see it that way.

I'm not against 1/12 in principal, but my problem is these in particular just don't look good for the money. Sure HT 1/6 is expensive and getting more so all the time, but they don't look like cheap toys. The PI 1/12 stuff is all over the map but generally looks like stuff I wouldn't spend more than $30 each on. If the choice becomes 1/6 is too expensive, the other option for me is no longer collect this stuff, not collect something technically more affordable but still expensive that looks like crap.

I'm not against 1/12 in principal, but my problem is these in particular just don't look good for the money. Sure HT 1/6 is expensive and getting more so all the time, but they don't look like cheap toys. The PI 1/12 stuff is all over the map but generally looks like stuff I wouldn't spend more than $30 each on. If the choice becomes 1/6 is too expensive, the other option for me is no longer collect this stuff, not collect something technically more affordable but still expensive that looks like crap.

Good points.. I think rather than stopping collecting, if cost was a major issue, I would probably switch to the size/figures that Kotobukiya and Square Enix produce.. I have a few of those and they rock!.. I would not be looking at 1:12 diecast as a 'cheap' alternative.

Imho, PI's 1:12 figures appear to be aimed at collectors where space, much more than cost, is the issue.. and I think that is a pretty thin market.. especially since the general opinion seems to be that so far, PI's diecast 1:12 figures are not gobsmacking enough, to be a game changer for collectors.

1/12 Igor is on PO for $210 @ BBTS. The other IM figs range between $105-110 each.
Well I'm totally done with PI then. Seriously $200 for a 6 inch. No. THat's absurd and I don't know where the hell PI is thinking these are reasonable prices.

HT is generally worth it though, same with other companies like NECA, and Japan companies like Figuarts and Figma. Honestly the only thing from PI I'd get is maybe their Batman, cause that looks to be fairly reasonable.

Back