Diamond Select Pulp Fiction!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otomofan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Another 20 year dream finally realized!!

Very few films have had the impact on me that Pulp Fiction did. I was about 16 when it came out and every frame of this movie blew me away! I'd never seen anything like it...I eventually saw it in the theater 6 times!! Even now, almost 20 years later, people are STILL ripping off the movie!

All through college, I had the oversized black and white poster of Vince and Jules aiming their guns hanging in my dorm room, like everyone else across the country.

I've ALWAYS wanted toys of those guys. Even though they are just two dudes in black suits and ties, they just exude "cool." And Butch. I've always wanted a Butch figure with his katana. Boggled my mind that McFarlane and NECA never made it happen. Those crappy "geoms" were the closest we got and I don't buy block figures.

Well, there are more block figures on the way. Props to Minimates for getting Vince's "Banana Slugs" t-shirt tampoed that small, but still...no block figures for me.

And of course by now we've all seen the retro-Kenner style ReAction figures. I'm gonna buy those for sure, cause it's a step in the right direction, but still....close but no cigar.

And finally today I read that Diamond Select announced a series of 7" figures at Toy Fair. Vince, Jules, Butch, Marcelles. No pictures were allowed, but I'm hoping we get either a spy photo or the official press photos soon!!

Seriously....my all-time action figure wish list is getting really small. After ED 209 last year, Vince and Jules were basically my last remaining white whale...and they're coming!!! How freaking cool is this????

Post photos here as soon as they are online!!

EDIT: Might have to curb my enthusiasm....the only figures shown so far were Jules, Butch and Marcelles.....no Vince!! So perhaps Travolta is still not allowing it....but why go ahead without the main character? That's just stupid!! So I remain hopeful, but it's not 100% yet.....

EDIT: Might have to curb my enthusiasm....the only figures shown so far were Jules, Butch and Marcelles.....no Vince!! So perhaps Travolta is still not allowing it....but why go ahead without the main character? That's just stupid!! So I remain hopeful, but it's not 100% yet.....

My educated guess is that they would hold Vincent back for the second series to keep retail interest high, so as to not blow their load too soon, so to speak.

BOOM! The Pulp Fiction figures look awesome, like Gentle Giant good. I want any and all figures they release.

set_10.png

marsellus.png

butch.png

jules.png

Bill:

bill.png

Johnny Mo:

johnny_mo.png

GoGo:

yubari.png

Last edited:
No Vincent? I assume he's just not pictured because it would be odd to have Jules, Marsellus, and Butch but not him. I wonder if they'll do Mia, The Wolf, and Jimmie.

BRUCE WILLIS! These figures are crazy awesome. The legs look weird in the first picture, but the individual shots look just fine. If they do an Inglourious Basterds line, I can die happy.

Oh man! Those are awesome!! I really want Vincent and Jules :yess: I also want the Kill Bill bride and Jay and Silent Bob figures. Can't wait for these figures. I bet we get 3 or 4 Vincent figures. The suit and tie, repaint with blood on the suit, Vincent from the date scene, and Vincent with the t shirt and shorts :D

I would buy the hell out of a Vincent in the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs shirt.

I hope Xenu will allow Travolta to let his likeness be used. These figures are useless without Vince.

Someone needs their e-meter read

As far as the figs, Pulp is an all time fave of mine as well so I am pumped they are releasing more Tarantino collectibls. Diamond Select Lil' Jules will protecting my muth.....in' blu ray collection! Or maybe just walk the earth with Lil' Bill.

Awesome Japanese toyblog tomopop reports the following:

Kill Bill won't be the only Tarantino film getting scaled figures, as Pulp Fiction seems to be slated for a few as well. Butch (Bruce Willis), Jules (Samuel L. Jackson), and Marcellus Wallace are slated to release this Fall. Vincent Vega (John Travolta) will follow in series two.

This is the first mention I've seen (and I've been scouring the net) of anything close to a confirmation that Vince is actually coming.....I will definitely breathe a sigh of relief if true. I've been waiting almost 20 years for my two favorite hit men to pose on my shelf.

And you KNOW I'm gonna pose 'em like this:

Attachments

• pulp-fiction guns.jpg
    pulp-fiction guns.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 401
da fudge?

how the hell did i miss that? I've been checking this and all toy sites religiously for word on Vince since last week!!

how did you get the info Johnny?

Back