Statue Gentle Giant Kili bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adolfo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just saw a sneak of this one and man the face bugs me on this one...sorry to say that because the last 2 Azog and Goblin King were great

I ordered it too, but man he looks like a freakin 13 yr old in that pic

No let's hope Balin wil be the SDCC exclusive.
I need a Balin next to my Dwalin.

346527t.jpg

The likeness on the statue by Weta is really pretty good and quite a bit better than this.

Aiden must have one of those faces that seems to be hard to put into sculpt. But despite my misgivings about the WETA statue being off, I was pleasantly surprised to see in hand that the sculpt was spot on! In hand judgement is the best indicator :lecture

I think I will order this one, I love the stuff ( the knife, the dwarven-sword, the bow). Let hope that Gentle Giant will bring us Balin!

^^^Ears look pretty round, just like every other pic I've seen of any of the Dwarves. What exactly happened with GG's human sculpts from The Hobbit, did their 3-D scanner crap-out on them? The likenesses are pretty shoddy compared to their work on LOTR characters. Azog & The Goblin king look great, but all their human characters don't even come close to their LOTR Saruman & Gandalf. GG seems to have taken a step backwards rather than advance over time.

Kili finally showed up at my lcs this week. He looks great. The likeness is even better in person. Took them long enough to get him out. My question, is this line dead? It'll be a shame if they don't make the rest of the dwarves.

Back