Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Nice to see someone is finally giving her some attention. The rooted hair is a little disapointing (I prefer sculpted) but still she looks promising. Hopefully they've sorted out the loose joint problems the Witch-King has.

1040665_700177723336851_1267747671_o.jpg

She'll be one of my most anticipated figures of the year. Can't wait to see the final sculpt. I perfer sculpted hair over rooted too but rooted may work better with the helemt.

Does that really need clarifying? :lol

Edit: I just checked the 'ask Asmus' thread - I guess it does! :rotfl

I'm curious to see how Asmus tackles the chain mail. Molded rubber? A loose-knit fabric? (I assume it won't be actual chain mail. That would be far too expensive for this line, I'd imagine.)

I've seen a few custom that used real chain mail-would be hard to mass produce at a low cost but looks great.

You have to love the fact that Asmus is really trying to interact with fans. For being such a small company (in comparrision to Hot Toys and Sideshow) they are really going to great lengths to interact with us. It makes me want to root for them even more. Of course it helps that they have my favorite liscence too.

1/6 Chain Mail is hard. I think the Art King (Aragorn) version look pretty good for what is is. I can't inmagine the cost of doing 1/6 chain mail. The good thing is if they find a design/material that works they can probably use it for a lot of figures.

I think what Art Figures did for the chain mail of King Aragorn looks pretty good. Don't know how it would look in brown though.

Did the Art figure use fabric? I've never seen the figure up close and I can't quite tell from the pictures.

1/6 Chain Mail is hard. I think the Art King (Aragorn) version look pretty good for what is is. I can't imagine the cost of doing 1/6 chain mail. The good thing is if they find a design/material that works they can probably use it for a lot of figures.

I believe Kaustic Plastic and ACI Toys have done some 1/6 scale chain mail in real metal, but I'm not sure what they charged for those figures. Probably a ton.

While I would be thrilled if Asmus used real chain mail, I wouldn't be opposed to doing a sculpted, flexible material. As long as it looks good.

Did the Art figure use fabric? I've never seen the figure up close and I can't quite tell from the pictures.

I believe Kaustic Plastic and ACI Toys have done some 1/6 scale chain mail in real metal, but I'm not sure what they charged for those figures. Probably a ton.

While I would be thrilled if Asmus used real chain mail, I wouldn't be opposed to doing a sculpted, flexible material. As long as it looks good.
I should be ashamed to admit this but my Art Figures Aragorn is still in the box. IIRC the chain mail is fabric.

I should be ashamed to admit this but my Art Figures Aragorn is still in the box. IIRC the chain mail is fabric.

Lol. Mine is too. The figure is a pretty solid figure overall but the body is a little too firgid, sculpt a little too off and a lot of the outfit is really delicate so he stays in the box. All of the Sideshow figures even Faramir are on display although Darren has customized my Aragorns and Legolas. I even have a Toy Biz Gimli with a Sideshow Lothlorien cloak. The Witch King is out numbered and needs Gothmog pronto! I feel like emailing bbts for a date. :monkey3

Lol. Mine is too. The figure is a pretty solid figure overall but the body is a little too firgid, sculpt a little too off and a lot of the outfit is really delicate so he stays in the box. All of the Sideshow figures even Faramir are on display although Darren has customized my Aragorns and Legolas. I even have a Toy Biz Gimli with a Sideshow Lothlorien cloak. The Witch King is out numbered and needs Gothmog pronto! I feel like emailing bbts for a date. :monkey3
Cotswold says late Feb. for Gothmog but who knows.

The way its going I am going to end up leaving Gothmog in pile of loot if it kreeps into March since both "Skully" and Gandalf are second quater.

Back