Prop NOBLE COLLECTION: "Ring of the Witch-king" and "Ring of the King of Men"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkh

Freakalicious
Reaction score
NOBLE COLLECTION: "Ring of the Witch-king" and "Ring of the King of Men"

Hello everybody,

I hope this is the right place to post; if not please advise.

I am searching for information and pictures of these two items which have been produced by the NOBLE COLLECTION in the early beginnings of the LotR film trilogy. They haven't been around a long time afaik, maybe because people have been more interested in the ONE RING and Galadriels Nenya.

Interestingly even the internet has merely no pictures of these items to show. I also cannot find any information if I can obtain these (especially the Ring of the King of Men) still somewhere.

If any of you can help me with some information or maybe even with somebody who is going to sell these, I would be very grateful.

Thanks to you all in advance!
Peter

Re: NOBLE COLLECTION: "Ring of the Witch-king" and "Ring of the King of Men"

I'm sure I've got a few saved in my LOTR files. I'll post some when I get into work.

As promised, here's some pics. Unfortunately I only have one good pic of The NC King of Men Ring.

Noble Collection: Ring of the Witch King
wk-1.JPG
witchking31.jpg
witchking8.jpg
witchking9.jpg

Noble Collection: King of Men Ring

kom-1.JPG

Here's the version of the WK ring that I have. It's an official Japanese version that I picked up a few years ago. I like this one because of the sheer size & weight of it, and the skulls on it are more prominent as well. It is also cast as one solid piece and there is no stone to fall out. This thing is durable, I've worn this for years with no worries.

IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0950.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG

Last edited:

Thank you very much NAZGUL-KING. These pics are very helpful because they clear up a few things which have gone lost in the mist of times.
Your japanese version looks nice but not screen-acurate, though it seems to be "official"

Can you also be of some help in hunting down a NC Ring of the King of Men? Because of my post count I cannot post a request in the forums market place but maybe there is somebody you know or maybe even some retailer?
Any help is appreciated.

:lolI was gonna post that link, because I did own one a while back. I wasn't sure of the actual "official-ness" of it and wasn't sure if it was ok to link a knock-off item. It's ok for the price. I used it for a display and it was totally tarnished after a year, but I really didn't mind though, because it actually had a very ancient, evil look to it.

:duff

Last edited:

...I wasn't sure of the actual "official-ness" of it and wasn't sure if it was ok to link a knock-off item...

What do you mean? It comes with a certificate of authenticity! :wacky :lol

What do you mean? It comes with a certificate of authenticity! :wacky :lol

A perfect italian certificate...

Thank you very much NAZGUL-KING. These pics are very helpful because they clear up a few things which have gone lost in the mist of times.
Your japanese version looks nice but not screen-acurate, though it seems to be "official"

Can you also be of some help in hunting down a NC Ring of the King of Men? Because of my post count I cannot post a request in the forums market place but maybe there is somebody you know or maybe even some retailer?

Any help is appreciated.

No Problem.

Unfortunately the NC WK and KOM rings have been discontinued for many years now and they are extremely scarce in the aftermarket. At this point to find a mint one with the stone intact would be difficult (unless they were just displayed). I've owned two of the NC's Ring of Barahir and both stones ended up falling out. One lasted for two years and the other lasted for four.

Last edited:

Hi Adolfo,

I already have found your pics in a very old thread when I used the search-function. To be honest the ring itself is not very good. Looking at the "melted" contours of the crowns of the stylisized kings and the thorns holding the stone shows that this is a cheap cast from maybe the original.

I do have a copy from the Netherlands (it was official over there) which in my opinion is very close the NC version. If I can get hold of the NC version I will go to a jeweller and let him apply the gold to those parts where it should belong.

Hi Adolfo,

I already have found your pics in a very old thread when I used the search-function. To be honest the ring itself is not very good. Looking at the "melted" contours of the crowns of the stylisized kings and the thorns holding the stone shows that this is a cheap cast from maybe the original.

I do have a copy from the Netherlands (it was official over there) which in my opinion is very close the NC version. If I can get hold of the NC version I will go to a jeweller and let him apply the gold to those parts where it should belong.

I'm very happy with mine as a display piece and very happy with the price...I'm not that picky for screen accuracy for some things...On screen it was shown far away so we never really got a closer look at it...I bought this one after almost a year of waiting for a NC version on ebay...I'm very happy with it

......I bought this one after almost a year of waiting for a NC version on ebay...I'm very happy with it

I see where you coming from and it is OK. There was no pun intended in my post.....yes, I think I'll got to have a lot of patience than...

Yes, I missed it; especially because the seller did not ship to Germany and so the item was not found through my search.
On the other hand... I think that really was a tough price!

Anyway, thanks for notifying me; please do not hesitate to point me to other auctions or listings whereever you find them.

well I don't think the price was that bad considering how rare the item is..I haven't seen one of these on Ebay in years

Back