More Iron Men?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamanu

Super Freak
Reaction score

Attachments

• 468px-Mark-40.jpg
    468px-Mark-40.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 522
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...Chan-New-Years-Interview-Iron-Man-Batman-BTTF

"HTJ : "Iron Man 3", the items in the future.

HW : Powered Suit is that currently do not have three-dimensional, there are many still.
If you can get along under .., to the end everyone will continue to support,
I would also like to three-dimensional, up to the mark of 42 "All"!
Although I think the time for approximately five years and it takes ... probably."

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...Chan-New-Years-Interview-Iron-Man-Batman-BTTF

HW : Powered Suit is that currently do not have three-dimensional, there are many still.
Although I think the time for approximately five years and it takes ... probably."

Well.... that was a load of gibberish.

Already a thread for this isn't there? Anyway why on earth would they stop making their biggest selling product? They are like pokemon, Gott catch em all!:rotfl

LOL, yah. Oh well, I know the won't end it, but its so ridiculous and depressing. I get the diecast, the rehashing of the suits RDJ actually wore in the movies, but these Igor, Starboost, Centurion...

Oh well.. supply and demand. A buddy of mine that collects only Marvel (and is an obsessive completist) had the following to say when I pointed out that there are these other suits that HT has not announced YET: "No ****** way. Screw them for making so many" :D

He has to buy them all, of course hehe.

I, luckily, buy these "old school figures" he doesn't care about like Predator, Terminator, Crow. Its easy for me. For every figure I buy, he has to get 3-4 Iron Men .

Yeah, 42 Iron Men is a pretty significant investment, not to mention how it would overwhelm all but the largest collections. Glad I don't care for Iron Man to that degree. Thanks to the craze, though, I'll eventually have 5 that I really like (MILK War Machine, War Machine MK II, Iron Monger, Iron Whiplash and Mark IV, when it's inevitably re-released).

Wallet to go fourth-dimensional, have think to reconsider more buy buy.

I'm just looking forward to what they'll come up with for Avengers 2, and hopefully Ironman 4 (and beyond)

making all 42 armors would be a worthy endeavor if each suit was designed with love and care but let's face it; 90% of them are just quick photoshop job using recycled parts, likely done by some intern :lol And you know there's no way HT will charge less because it's repaint of a kitbash. You'd be spending nearly $300 a pop for something that took five minutes of effort to design. :cuckoo:

I hope they at least stop it with the Stark variations, at least until they actually nail the head sculpt.

Hot-Toys-Rose-Hill-Tony-Stark-Figure-and-Accessories.jpg

This variation was my breaking point... NO MORE! I felt Hot Toys was on a good path with Batman 1989, Indiana Jones, Luke Bespin, etc. But this year there has been a lot of milking going on. Such as their latest DX... a rehashed Jack Nicholson Joker. I would like them to start with some Batman Returns characters or the long awaited Back to the Future figure.

I'm just looking forward to what they'll come up with for Avengers 2, and hopefully Ironman 4 (and beyond)

making all 42 armors would be a worthy endeavor if each suit was designed with love and care but let's face it; 90% of them are just quick photoshop job using recycled parts, likely done by some intern :lol And you know there's no way HT will charge less because it's repaint of a kitbash. You'd be spending nearly $300 a pop for something that took five minutes of effort to design. :cuckoo:

Not really, in the Extended Legion (lets start w/ Mark VII) there are 11 original armors with one repaint each (plus 1 repaint Hot Rod from War Machine)

1 Mark VII and Midas
2 Mark IIX and Piston
3 Mark IX and Python
4 Mark X and Tiger
5 Mark XI and Jack
6 Mark XII and Disco
7 Heartbreaker and Tank
8 Shotgun and Shades
9 Thumper and Gamma
10 Blue Steel and Silver Centurion
11 Red Snapper and Peacemaker
12 (War Machine 2/Iron Patriot) and Hot Rod

And 7 unique armors

1 Nightclub
2 Sneaky
3 Igor
4 Starboost
5 Hammerhead
6 Bones
7 Mark 42

And the original 6 Marks, leaving 6 more that are combinations of existing parts in unique configurations:

Mark XIII
Mark XIV
Cassonova
Fiddler
Romeo
Southpaw

So out of 42 total: 24 are original, 12 repaints and 6 kitbashes

Conclusion, more than half are unique suits. So there :lol

Back