1/6 Batpod MMS 70 versus MMS177

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennypenny

Super Freak
Reaction score
I need some advice please. I understand there are 2 versions of the Hot Toys Batpods, the MMS70 and the most recent released MMS177. What are the differences and which is the better one to get? It may seem obvious, but is the latest version MMS177 the one to get?

The MMS177 comes with a different capeholder (imo the old one was better) and I think even with a special cape for it and has it a more shiny dark grey color application, while the MMS70 is more dull. Imo the dull paint on the MMS70 looks great, though the MMS177 is more accurate. Also the color application, for example on the gun barrels is a bit more precise on the newer one.

Just found this comparison Kicker773 posted some time back, sadly the pics aren't there anymore but it still points out some differences:

Here are comparison pics.

The 2nd version as you can see banks to the left compared to the first version which is fine.

Comparison1.jpg

There are some noticeable differences between the first gen and 2nd release. I've highlighted them in red.

Comparison2.jpg

Parts of the front guns are black and darker. Also parts of the 2nd gen are more black at certain points and the silver is more cleaner and stands out more.

Comparison3.jpg

The seat and inside wheel/brake cover is silver on the 2nd release

Comparison4.jpg

Comparison5.jpg

Sorry I didn't feel like taking the plastic out until catwoman has arrived since that's her bike.

Many MMS177 versions had crooked wheels, not sure if that was a problem at the MMS70 release, too.
In a word both have their advantages so I would recommend to let the price decide.

Last edited:
I hate the cape holder for the newest one... Can't get the cape to lock on and stay on, and it's forcing me to get a wired cape... I took out the red pegs/holders on mine, and it looks brilliant. The guns and wheels don't appear crooked anymore. I think the red pegs sometimes force the wheels/cannons at an angle that makes it crooked.

Back