1/6 HT Iron Man; Someone who painted the eyes white?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c-ro

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi@all
First of all; sorry for my english, I speak german normally :wink1:

Are there any People here, who painted the eyes and repulsors of their IMs white?
Actually I like the light-up-function of the figures. But, if I've displayed my figures once, I do not touch them anymore. So the lights are of about 99%.

I have a Mark VII here and I tried to paint the eyes and the repulsors. The white eyes look great imo, but the repulsors do not really look "bright".

Maybe some of you have better ideas to paint that? I look Forward to your pics.

Chris

Hi,
Thanks for the hint. Stickers are a good idea, but I have not found any stickers that shine so far. I thought that shiny/glossy color would represent the light-effect better than matte paint.

Maybe just use a piece of glossy photo paper under the chest and face plate?

I've tried this, before I decided to paint it. But I was not happy with the result. So i tried the spray-option with the BD-parts. And the result was much better (brighter) than the paper-thing. Yesterday I've found little round memo stickers in my Office. They fit perfectly for the hand-repulsors. So I tried these on the Mark 42 PPS. As the faceplate of the Mark 42 PPS can not be removed (and I'm not a good painter), i've used these stickers for the eyes too. What can I say... Looks much better than expected.

So, i have to say thank you guys!

Chris

Last edited:
Here we go...

First was Mark VII (Eyes and Repulsors painted)
mark_7_1.jpg
This pose Looks horrible in this picture. Pretty sure it's just a bad angle ;)

mark_7_2.jpg

Second one was Mark XLII PPS (Stickers)
mark_42_pps.jpg

mark_42_pps_2.jpg

Third was Midas (Eyes painted, Repulsors Stickers)
midas_1.jpg

midas_2.jpg

midas_3.jpg

Next will be Mark V.

Currently they aren't in the final display cases. The Stickers from the chest-repulsors are to small. I've ordered bigger ones.

Chris

I did something similar to an Iron Man maquette I have, but I used glow in the dark tape I had lying around. Its like a glossy cream white/yellow color in the light, but glows green at night for a long time.

I got it from here, I think it was what they call the "moonglow" tape now, but the mid energy stuff is more white colored in daylight.
https://www.identi-tape.com/photolum-tape.htm

I like the look, and the little accent of eyes starting out at night
oHQ8a3Q.jpg

I prefer this to the gimmicky light up feature, particularly if it would make figures cheaper. The first thing I do when I get a new armor is pop out those batteries.

Back