• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

No new posts unless you're a Premium Member.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Starting today to post in this forum you must be a Premium Member.

Anyone posting sales elsewhere on the forum will have that post deleted and it can lead to infractions and/or banning.

You do not have to be a Premium Member to buy - just send a Private Message to the seller to purchase.

To become a Premium Member - go here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/premium.php

Starting today to post in this forum you must be a Premium Member.

Anyone posting sales elsewhere on the forum will have that post deleted and it can lead to infractions and/or banning.

You do not have to be a Premium Member to buy - just send a Private Message to the seller to purchase.

To become a Premium Member - go here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/premium.php

Only if you want to sell something right?

Can we edit existing posts?

You need to be a Premium Member to sell on here now...
So I assume that's a no.

If you want to carry on selling if might be wise to sign up before Dave starts deleting threads.

Edit: Looks like threads have been getting 'bumped' all day :dunno

No other forum charges people to sell items. The basis of selling on forums was to shift the business away from ebay who has become one big monopoly and never protect sellers. I think the BST threads will be a ghost town now.

No other forum charges people to sell items. The basis of selling on forums was to shift the business away from ebay who has become one big monopoly and never protect sellers. I think the BST threads will be a ghost town now.
Off the top of my head I can name a forum that charges way more than the cost here.
The basis of selling here has never been to divert sales from ebay, but to give collectors an opportunity to help other collectors get pieces. Selling here has never had anything to do with ebay, selling g here has always been considered a privilege, not a right which is a testament to the fact it is not a competitor of ebays, nor is here to get their business. In fact I know a few times it has been considered getting rid of the commerce section completely, which if we were here to only steal ebays business - that would not even be thought of.

However the premium membership is not there solely so you can sell items.
if you opt to be a premium member, you also get other things like a larger avatar and inbox, you can have ananimated sig, a custom user title to name a few tthings.

Dave has bee paying for this forum out of his pocket since it's inception, so I dont think it unreasonable to ask for help towards the costs after the 10 years of free surfing we've had here.

Personally I don't consider the premium charge to be there only to sell, I consider it a contribution to this form that I spend a lot of time at and have made many friends on, $25 is imo minimal considering what we all get from this place and the community within it.

...and those that dont want to, don't have to become a premium member, its not enforced on anyone.
x :duff

Last edited:
Well said adoptedscot. When you have a feature and take it away, that's how most people will look at it, something being taken from them that they already had. It's not always easy for people to see the other side of things. Internet space costs, there's no problem seeking monetary aid from the people who use the space.

But aw naw, taking a shot at my man King Darkness in your sig! My one time buying through here was from him!

Back