• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

No new posts unless you're a Premium Member - no bumping old threads.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Starting today to post in this forum you must be a Premium Member.

Anyone posting sales elsewhere on the forum will have that post deleted and it can lead to infractions and/or banning.

You do not have to be a Premium Member to buy - just send a Private Message to the seller to purchase.

To become a Premium Member - go here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/premium.php

Re: No new posts unless you're a Premium Member.

Does this go strictly for NEW POSTS only? I have an existing for sale post/thread long before today. Can I still use it?

"No New Posts" he said. So bumping your existing thread is considered a post.

If you're not a premium member, you are not allowed to sell on the forum anymore.

You're a moderator, correct?

Do you have the authority to delete threads that are not made by premium members?

DO EEEET NAO!!

I don't personally have powers to delete threads/posts in the commerce section. But I'm assuming this will be an automatic change in the system.

Only premium members can post in all the threds or only in the sales threads?

Im not sure that this new feature is working. Ive seen some bumps on sales threads by non premium members. Does this new feature only apply to starting threads? Are old threads grandfathered and dont apply to the new rule?

Thats going to be a hard one to monitor for the mods though to just say "dont bump your old threads" :p You would think a View Only credential needs to be done under "the" specific section (i.e. For Sale section) on "these" specific accounts if there is any way to filter the non premiums. I work with systems that allow this type of filtering but not sure what this site is using for the accounts. Just trying to throw out some ideas if it helps.

Thats going to be a hard one to monitor for the mods though to just say "dont bump your old threads" :p You would think a View Only credential needs to be done under "the" specific section (i.e. For Sale section) on "these" specific accounts if there is any way to filter the non premiums. I work with systems that allow this type of filtering but not sure what this site is using for the accounts. Just trying to throw out some ideas if it helps.

Yeah I agree a filter in the system would be best of course (if possible), but for the time being the title change would make it more obvious to see I think.

I'm seeing a lot of non premium members for sale threads getting bumped up over and over today ,ahead of premium members post, why did we pay $25 if a non paying member can still bump up their for sell post and ahead of paying members post to boot??

I'm seeing a lot of non premium members for sale threads getting bumped up over and over today ,ahead of premium members post, why did we pay $25 if a non paying member can still bump up their for sell post and ahead of paying members post to boot??

No non-premium members can post new threads. I've allowed them to post in their old threads for updates. But we'll end that soon too.

I had thought that we could allow a month or so for sales to be finished, so I allowed non-Premium Members to post in their already created threads. However this seems to be only used for bumping. So that's out now.

I had thought that we could allow a month or so for sales to be finished, so I allowed non-Premium Members to post in their already created threads. However this seems to be only used for bumping. So that's out now.

So, I am a non-premium member and won't be able to 'bump' my already created thread anymore, right?

In this case, will my thread be closed for me completely or till such time I take up the Premium Membership?

If it'll be 'closed' for only me, what if I ask my friend who's a Premium Member, to bump my thread.

Back