Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    118 (100%)
    Default Re: No new posts unless you're a Premium Member.

Im not sure that this new feature is working. Ive seen some bumps on sales threads by non premium members. Does this new feature only apply to starting threads? Are old threads grandfathered and dont apply to the new rule?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    30 (100%)
    Maybe the title should be renamed "No new threads and/or bumping of old threads unless you're a Premium Member." to make it more clear.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    118 (100%)
    Thats going to be a hard one to monitor for the mods though to just say "dont bump your old threads" You would think a View Only credential needs to be done under "the" specific section (i.e. For Sale section) on "these" specific accounts if there is any way to filter the non premiums. I work with systems that allow this type of filtering but not sure what this site is using for the accounts. Just trying to throw out some ideas if it helps.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    162 (100%)
    I'm sure Dave will jump in this thread and explain it more to you Freaks who have further questions

Super Freak
    Feedback
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbelo View Post
    Thats going to be a hard one to monitor for the mods though to just say "dont bump your old threads" You would think a View Only credential needs to be done under "the" specific section (i.e. For Sale section) on "these" specific accounts if there is any way to filter the non premiums. I work with systems that allow this type of filtering but not sure what this site is using for the accounts. Just trying to throw out some ideas if it helps.
    Yeah I agree a filter in the system would be best of course (if possible), but for the time being the title change would make it more obvious to see I think.

I'm seeing a lot of non premium members for sale threads getting bumped up over and over today ,ahead of premium members post, why did we pay $25 if a non paying member can still bump up their for sell post and ahead of paying members post to boot??

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypredator2 View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of non premium members for sale threads getting bumped up over and over today ,ahead of premium members post, why did we pay $25 if a non paying member can still bump up their for sell post and ahead of paying members post to boot??
    No non-premium members can post new threads. I've allowed them to post in their old threads for updates. But we'll end that soon too.

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    I had thought that we could allow a month or so for sales to be finished, so I allowed non-Premium Members to post in their already created threads. However this seems to be only used for bumping. So that's out now.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Dave View Post
    I had thought that we could allow a month or so for sales to be finished, so I allowed non-Premium Members to post in their already created threads. However this seems to be only used for bumping. So that's out now.
    So, I am a non-premium member and won't be able to 'bump' my already created thread anymore, right?

In this case, will my thread be closed for me completely or till such time I take up the Premium Membership?

If it'll be 'closed' for only me, what if I ask my friend who's a Premium Member, to bump my thread.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
    If it'll be 'closed' for only me, what if I ask my friend who's a Premium Member, to bump my thread.

I mean I will not ask him, maybe he'll accidentally bump my thread.