New member from UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syms

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Symon and I'm from Birmingham in the UK. Not really a collector of figures as such but have altered several to animatronic, here's my latest one...

Cheers,
Sy.

Thanks for the kind comments, it really isn't as difficult as you may think. I sell animatronic kits to convert 1:6th scale figures but I'm not sure about forum policy regarding promoting my business.

Here's a pic showing the resin bits, all you need is a donor figure and away you go... :)

Cheers,
Sym.

Here's a couple of figure for a tank with rotating bases...

And the eye moving electronics on the Jack Sparrow figure...

My very first attempt at animatronics was on my 21st Century Stuart Tank, it seems ages ago now!..

I'll be honest, as awesome as that was it scared the **** out of me. I'm already worried about my figures coming to life when I'm asleep.

That's normal right?

Hah, yes it is all a bit Toy Soldiers! :) I'd better not show you the Animatronic Zombie Babies I'm working on then! :)

When I first started doing these the programmable controller cards were A5 sized and £200 a go, now they're the size of a small matchbox, have up to 30 channels and start at £18 each! :) Progress isn't all bad.

Sy.

The servo are louder on the video than in real life to be honest, if you use higher quality units then they are far quieter! I've started to play with muscle wire, essentially you pass a current through the wire and it contracts. The beauty of this stuff is it's minute size when compared to conventional servos and it's silent! :)

Sy.

Back