1989 Michael Keaton Batman review, Voting continues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm reviewing the new quarter scale 1989 Michael Keaton Batman from NECA, and I picked today to review it for a very special reason. There's a great sale going on for this guy, and he's well worth it - you can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And don't forget, there's only one week left to vote in this year's People's Picks! The Poppies judges are busy doing their voting, so jump in there and we'll see how it all compares.

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Good review.

There's also a clear plastic rope that can be attached to this set of hooks through a small loop on the center post. The easiest way to attach it is to thread the plastic rope through the loop, then knot the end of the rope, which will not allow it to travel back through the loop.

The other end of the rope has a small black cape on it. I assume this is to attach it someplace...but I can't find a hole to attach it to. I'm sure one of my more observant readers will point it out for me, but this is where instructions would have been helpful.

After playing around with it a bit, I found that wire can also fit perfectly into the batarang (at the bottom there's a hole) and the grapple gun grip (when the spear/hook part is detached) when it's attached to the belt to replicate these looks,

BatmanNECAGrapple.jpg

BatmanNECAGrapple2.jpg

You just plug the wire into the bottom of the Batarang or inside the grapple gun hole. So that's three uses,

- Grapple Hook
- Grapple gun (black part of wire plugs into the hole where the spear gun part of the gun would fit in)
- Batarang

NECABatmanGrapplegun.jpg

Hope that helps.

EDIT:

This reviewer went over the uses here since there were no directions. Here it is for the Grapple and Batarang.

Last edited:
Back