Media Metro series (2033 & Last Light)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok did a search, and absolutely, positively did not find a topic on these great games already!! Just 'discovered' Metro 2033 during the Steam sale - remember having checked out the 360 version but found it fugly. Well, bit the bullet and got it on PC once I saw controller support.

Glad I did

Finishing up Metro Last Light now, and between 2033 and now its sequel, these may be some of the best 'horror/action' shooters in a very long while, IMO. Story is very engaging, action very well done - nice balance with stealth imo. If I had one complaint the Russian accents in the English dub are a bit heavy handed, but you can play with Russian dialogue, English subtitles.

Highly recommended....

I really like this series. Not sure why it dosent have more popularity.

I hope we eventually get a PS port of 2033

I was under the impression that Last Light did pretty decent? Hopefully the case, as I'd be up for more. Wrapped up game 2 and it did not disappoint

Looks like a very nice PC port. Even though I have these on PC, may have to get the PS4 version too - love sitting in front of my TV mostly.

Never played the first and didn't finish 2033. I'll be picking this up to experience what I hear is a great story from start to finish.

2033 was the first, LL is the sequel :wave

Lol, confused the two titles.

Didn't finish last light and never played 2033.

I heard 2033 is good but boring. Last Light supposedly fixed that by adding in "Call of Duty" type moments. I did enjoy what I played of Last Light, so I am looking forward to playing both.

Then better watch first 5 minutes of this b4 trying:

I've played 2033 so I can confirm that it's not as good as most of so called "gamers" are saying to this day.

Opinions-shmopinions :lol

It's all fun and games til someone points out technical aspects.
The game is not a good FPS, stealth is terrible, story is short and flat.
Tho I can see why not many people would want to look past generic setting and pretentious narrative.

I respect your opinion, though I do not share it at all........I don't get the generic setting nor pretentious narrative vibe myself, and I thought it was excellent on the FPS. Stealth needed work, I agree there

Thanks to the DDoS attacks on PSN & Live, played a lot of this yesterday and today. Just gonna say it: easily as atmospheric as Last of Us......sure, the characters have these over-the-top Russian voices/accents but its great stuff. Got thru the Dead City area and amazing how incredible this game looks on the console version. PC version is still nicer looking, but they are very close now. Love the upgrades from the original to the Redux.

Thanks to the DDoS attacks on PSN & Live, played a lot of this yesterday and today. Just gonna say it: easily as atmospheric as Last of Us......sure, the characters have these over-the-top Russian voices/accents but its great stuff. Got thru the Dead City area and amazing how incredible this game looks on the console version. PC version is still nicer looking, but they are very close now. Love the upgrades from the original to the Redux.

My wife gave me this for a gift yesterday. I look forward to playing Last Light again.

2033 has lost a lot of atmosphere with Redux, and the facebooky interface is terrible.

LL wasn't changed much. Some additional particles and light, nothing major.

2033 has lost a lot of atmosphere with Redux, and the facebooky interface is terrible.

LL wasn't changed much. Some additional particles and light, nothing major.

Given the graphics are basically the same, can you be more specific how you felt the game lost atmosphere? And the interface should be identical to Last Light now....?

Last edited:
Back