Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Man of Steel: Jor-El

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optibotimus

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know this is a little later, but myself was very on the fence about these figures. Sadly, i think i let my prejudice about the movie ruin my enjoyment of these figures for far too long and i decided to get Jor-El and Superman (coming in the mail later today). Despite me only liking about 2/3 of the movie, i didn't honestly think i'd get these figures, but i am glad i did! Hope you enjoy the video.

GREAT review- I don't have a problem with the price- the figure itself is one of HT's finest- I know that is saying alot but it is.

Excellent review! :clap :clap Absolutely agree about the head sculpt - got mine today and its spot on!

GREAT review- I don't have a problem with the price- the figure itself is one of HT's finest- I know that is saying alot but it is.

I guess i just feel that you aren't getting much with him and Superman comes with relatively the same amount of stuff and costs less. Perhaps the increased price is because he does wear more clothing...I don't know. I guess i just feel he should be a hair less.

Well true...but he is one of my favorite new HT figures. I have Supes , too. Both are the best HT can do...bravo.

Excellent review Paul, but I still think you should do a belated vlog on your thoughts on the movie. :lol

Excellent review Paul, but I still think you should do a belated vlog on your thoughts on the movie. :lol

It really isn't too extreme. Like i said, i really liked the first 2/3 of the movie. It seems the end though, the pacing is really up and down. It pretty much stays steady the whole way up till that last third of the movie. Too many times does it seem as if the movie is over, then it picks up again. It does that like 4 times and it just kills it for me. I don't mind really Superman killing Zod. He did that in the comics. But what a lot of people don't remember or know, was it was him killing Zod that made him decide to not kill ever again. That didn't bug me. The fighting in the middle of Metropolis and Superman putting countless people at jeopardy really bugged me though, especially at the end when he's willing to kill Zod to protect the small family from getting melted by Zod and his heat vision. For me, that really stood out and annoyed the living crap out of me. It's like, alright...you can constantly throw your enemies through buildings, destroying them and collapsing them. Probably killing thousands without seemingly caring at all about them. But you kill Zod to protect that family? It just didn't sit well with me at all. To me, Superman can be depicted any number of ways...but his sense of responsibility to protecting the innocent has ALWAYS been at the heart of what Superman is. Killing Zod to protect them is what i felt he should have done. But everything leading up do that with the destruction of the city...that wasn't Superman.

Great review. I will be unboxing mine today hopefully with Sups. I will probably pose him with the base minus the stick in the same pose you suggested. The gun will be more at home in Zod's hands

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The city destruction in the movie actually didn't bother me that much. With the latest Superman cartoons released over the past decade, his fighting and causing city wide devastation has already been done over and over. :dunno

Back