1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Click the link! Buy now!
Loki - Thor 2 Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys

_________
“You must be truly desperate to come to me for help.” A new powerful enemy has appeared to destroy the nine realms, and Thor is forced to seek assistance from Loki in order to save us all in the Thor: The Dark World, but can the God of Mischief be truly trusted?

Regardless of which side Loki is on, he has been extremely popular with fans of the Marvel Universe! Even Mr. Tom Hiddleston himself was very happy to see Hot Toys’ The Avengers: 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure which was released last year.

To continue the popularity of everyone’s favorite trickster, Hot Toys is excited to present the new 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure from Thor: The Dark World. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Tom Hiddleston as Loki in the movie, featuring the newly developed head sculpt, highly-detailed costume, weapon and accessories.

The bonus 1/6th scale Aether will be included for selected markets only.

Specifications
Product CodeMMS231
Product NameLoki
HeightApproximately 32cm tall
Points of Articulations30
Special Featuresspecially crafted based on the image of Tom Hiddleston as Loki in the movie, featuring the newly developed head sculpt, highly-detailed costume, weapon and accessories.
ArtistsHead Sculpted by Yulli
Head Painted by JC. Hong
Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Price: $240 USD - Expected Ship Date: September 2014

The 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Tom Hiddleston as Loki in Thor: The Dark World
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Black hair sculpture
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of partially clenched palms
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) right palm for holding dagger
- One (1) left open palm
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) black long vest with leather-like materials and bronze-colored armor
- One (1) long-sleeve leather-like black and green long coat with bronze-colored armor and strap
- One (1) leather-like pants with patterns
- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapon:
- One (1) dagger

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of handcuffs with chains
- One (1) pair of legcuffs with chains
- One (1) neck collar with chains
- Figure stand with Loki nameplate and the movie logo

Special Version – Bonus Accessory (for selected markets only):
- One (1) 1/6th scale Aether

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Yulli
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Q2-Q3, 2014

**Collectible Figure - Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Aether - Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

TM & © 2014 Marvel & Subs.
© 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_13.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_14.jpg

a15.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Official Specs + Pictures)

It may just be me, but I much prefer the head sculpt from the Avengers Loki. However, I find everything else about this figure, excluding the fact I'd need a staff from the Avengers, to be much more appealing.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Official Specs + Pictures)

$230?! And I complained about Vader's price. Good lord was I late to this hobby.

I think the Avengers sculpt is better but every thing else looks great

Hmm...that head sculpt...well, people who want to bash a Grima Wormtongue should be very happy ;)

First post has been updated with Hi-Res pictures.

I prefer the Avengers sculpt but I do like the overall presentation of the figure itself. I'll wait for the final product before judging the sculpt. They've been improving on the sculpt lately from the transition time of the proto to final product.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Official Specs + Hi-Res Pictur

And I was actually looking forward to get this, but with what is shown ..... I'd rather pass.

When I saw that Yulli's sculpting this, I expected less. The only figure that I remember she nailed on the first try was Jack Nicholson (and still some said it has a lot of inaccuracies). It took her several tries to finally get Arnie's likeness, from MMS T1 to DX13. Her Heath Joker still has a lot of room to improvement and how many TDK Jokers have they already done? But then again it's just a proto and I'd be happy to see the final product one-up the sculpt done by Lee So Young for the Avengers version (who I find very talented as I'm impressed by her sculpts from Blade to Bane and co-sculpting the new Tony Stark heads with KoJun who seem to be unable to do it well on his own).

I know Tom's getting a lot of love from fans all over, but are people looking forward to this because they're not that impressed by the Avengers version and hoping that The Dark World release would get a better HS, or maybe just missed out on that one and don't want to pay higher prices? I'm asking because I can't think of anything to look forward to it other than this being another 1/6 Hiddleston/Loki with a new HS seeing that the costumes from both movies are almost identical.

Man that headsculpt does not look good at all,it sucks when an earlier figure has a better likeness than a new one,shouldn't it be the other way around

Barely 2 years apart and a $10 difference compared to the earlier version that had more accessories including the helm and the cape. Prices of other goods have been stable for the same period as far as I know.

I wonder what reasons HT and SSC has when it comes to marking up.

Is this the first time the price has been listed for a figure?
I agree the sculpt is off.
The Avengers version is way better.

Barely 2 years apart and a $10 difference compared to the earlier version that had more accessories including the helm and the cape. Prices of other goods have been stable for the same period as far as I know.

I wonder what reasons HT and SSC has when it comes to marking up.

Cold hard cash.

They know people will buy it because it's Hot Toys and Marvel which has been red hot these days.

Anyways, HT bought the license for Thor Dark World, so we are getting figures from it.

I just hope they make Sif...maybe sales of both Thor and Loki DW version will help ensure we get that (although I'm guessing they will end with Malekith before they ever do Sif. :( )

Avengers sculpt is way better. And considering the outfit is just the Avengers version minus the armor, he really ought to be cheaper or at least the same prices as the original. The only things really new (besides the head) are the shackles and EX Aether.

Back