Long Time Collector New to the Forum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sash501

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Long time collector here of other producers. I did dip into Sideshow about two years ago, and have started to add more and more to the collection. Never a huge fan of PF's; I'm more or a Maquette kinda guy, but I guess it will require more research on a piece as it is my understanding SS has stop referring to large statues as Maquettes and simply wrapped them into the PF category.

Reason for joining: I love my other statue forum I'm a member of, but I need more. Also looking to get more information on Sideshow products. The current question that has been itching, is when is the next SW Mythos going to be announced? They are amazing pieces but it seems like it has been more than a year since a new statue for this line would be announced.

Food for thought, am I the only one who feels that SS has refocussed more heavily in to scaled figures as opposed to statues as of late? I know many people are into the figures, but I just don't get it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hi there, sash501!

Glad to have you here!

They still make maquettes. Like the Avengers Hulk is a Maquette. But the terms get used a little randomly these days. Take the Iron Patriot and Iron Man Mark 42 statues that are coming. They were described as Premium Formats in the beginning, but now the Iron Patriot is called Maquette.

I think it is also a clash between the creators and the producers (example: Legacy Effects and Sideshow).

Probably, it would be good to focus less on this labeling in the future since it only creates more confusion. With Premium Formats not being defined as mixed media anylonger, it doesn't really matter anyways. It pretty much just boils down to them being 1/4 scale now.

Mythos should be coming. I would guess that there will be a reveal during the first half of 2014. That's mere speculation, though. But Sideshow have provided several times that there will be more Mythos pieces.

As to whether there are more figures being made today. I really haven't noticed. I am only into statues, so don't have much of a feel of what's going on with figures these days. I don't feel that there is a lack of statues, though. Lack of interesting statues, maybe, but not generally a lack of statues. :)

Welcome, buddy! I hope you will enjoy it here!

Back