Media Hitman General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure how many people here actually play this game but with the new announcement today I figured it was a good time to start a thread.(I know there is an Absolution thread but I figured here we could discuss the past, present and future of the series.)

IO interactive posted an "Open Letter" to Hitman fans today basically stating the series would be going back to its roots. Which is refreshing to hear for those of you who didn't like the drastic changes in Absolution. You can read the letter here https://hitman.com/open-letter-to-hitman-fans/?age-verified=2230a723d9, and see the first image to be released in relation to the new untitled game.

What do you guys think? Is it a good idea to go back to its roots? I for one didn't hate Absolution but its not my favorite in the series either.

Last edited:
I didn't play Absolution. But if they went anywhere, I would want it to be like Blood Money but highly refined.

I always wanted to get into the series, but I'm not sure where to start. I've played bits of the original Hitman on PC and it was hilariously buggy (A dead body floats all over the level, and I had to stop it by strangling it :lol) and a bit of Hitman 2 on the PS2 and that's about it. Is the HD collection any good?

I didn't play Absolution. But if they went anywhere, I would want it to be like Blood Money but highly refined.

Its worth the dirst cheap price it can be found for these days. There are some really cool missions.

I always wanted to get into the series, but I'm not sure where to start. I've played bits of the original Hitman on PC and it was hilariously buggy (A dead body floats all over the level, and I had to stop it by strangling it :lol) and a bit of Hitman 2 on the PS2 and that's about it. Is the HD collection any good?

Yeah get that HD collection. Its cheap and they are fun but just prepare for a very slow ride. They have a steep learning curve and at first you will feel like you're fighting the controls but once you start to master it and you get your first Silent Assassin rating you will be hooked. Once you have beat the three of them then you should check out Absolution. Its cheap as hell these days and if you have PS+ I think its still free on there.

The games are great. I love there stories and the music is bone chilling sometimes. Absolution is the most up to date in terms of controls and graphics but its drastically different in style and level design.

For me, I always liked the idea of Hitman more than the actual game (I feel like that kid in Role Models talking about Coca Cola).

But the stealthy, silent assassin blending in always sounded awesome. Then, when it came time to play, I'd get a bit bored. I genuinely liked a lot about the games, but I could never muster the momentum to beat any of them.

I get what your saying but IMO the pay off is the execution. Hitman is one of the few games that completely sucks me in. Stalking the negotiator for the Triad gang to this music knowing I am going to stick a kitchen knife in his neck then drop his body is a sewer is intense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QqENPP7CWI

I always felt Hitman was the perfect version of a stealth game because they managed to capture the right blend of not wanting to be caught but still being very deadly. 47 isnt Batman so he cant drop into a group and eliminate them all with his bare hands but given the right tools and the right angle he is the most deadly person in gaming.

Everything they said today make is sound like we are getting that real Blood Money gameplay back. Take Absolutions mechanics, slap it on to Blood Money and you have a pretty perfect game.

And bring back the newspaper!!!

Absolutely loved Blood Money. I remember a couple of mates talking about how good it was so I went straight & bought it & was hooked. Awesome game, I can't wait to play it on next Gen

I really liked Absolution. It has problems honestly and I don't like how after you beat the game, when you start a level you can't continue from where you left off. It's lame. But it's a good game, some refinements like what Dylan and Plissken mentioned would work out though. For newcomers, heed Dylan's words however: the old games are very hard to get into with the steep learning curve. Blood Money is a different story however, being easy to get into. Also Codename 47 sucks :lol don't bother with it. Can't believe there are people who prefer it to the newer games...Contracts has a few missions from Codename 47 though. Heck I wouldn't mind a remake of the first game with the newer more refined mechanics

Anyone have some good collectibles of the series? I have the Play Arts Kai figure of Agent 47 and I heard there was a Sideshow Collectibles statue of him.

Absolutely loved Blood Money. I remember a couple of mates talking about how good it was so I went straight & bought it & was hooked. Awesome game, I can't wait to play it on next Gen

Agent 47’s “magic pockets” are gone! Sounds like the brief case is coming back.

I really liked Absolution. It has problems honestly and I don't like how after you beat the game, when you start a level you can't continue from where you left off. It's lame. But it's a good game, some refinements like what Dylan and Plissken mentioned would work out though. For newcomers, heed Dylan's words however: the old games are very hard to get into with the steep learning curve. Blood Money is a different story however, being easy to get into. Also Codename 47 sucks :lol don't bother with it. Can't believe there are people who prefer it to the newer games...Contracts has a few missions from Codename 47 though. Heck I wouldn't mind a remake of the first game with the newer more refined mechanics

Anyone have some good collectibles of the series? I have the Play Arts Kai figure of Agent 47 and I heard there was a Sideshow Collectibles statue of him.

I have the Play Arts figure, the NECA fig, the vinyl they made for Absolution is in the mail and I have the tie they gave out at E3. I really want the white NECA figure and that Sideshow statue is on my list as well.

Unfortunately that statue came out before I got into statue collecting. It looks amazing. Too bad the price is ridiculous on that thing.

I used to run around the map to see where things were and have a massive shootout then try and play it properly. Used to be so fun. Blood Money was amazing!

rupert friend? he doesnt even look like agent 47. i guess you can rock the skinhead cut and be agent 47 if you want now......................

I am not sure how Hitman is getting a second movie when there are so many other games that would be way easier to translate.

Oh my god no. No. **** no. The first movie ****ed up on so many levels (47 has emotions? Belikoff hard on? Diana doesn't exist?) and how could they do this?

Get David Bateson, with his appearance being used for the character, it would work out superbly. Though honestly the reviews for the original movie seem to miss the point of the franchise entirely.

Back