Serenity 1:250 Scale Cutaway Replica from QMx

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ship like this, be with you 'til the day you die.
– Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Firefly creator Joss Whedon once described the titular ship as the 10th character of the sci-fi TV series. The Firefly-class ship Serenity is much more than mere transportation to her crew: She is home, a refuge and a darned fine getaway vehicle.

SerenityCutaway-1_450x253.jpg

Without her corridors and cabins, her crew would have no place to be a family. Serenity brings them together in a way that makes her perhaps the most important character in the show.

So here's a chance to get to know her better. At 12 inches long, the Serenity Cutaway Replica is 1:250 scale -- more than 50 percent larger than our best-selling Little Damn Heroes Serenity maquette. We've more than doubled the exterior detail of the replica and delivered an even more elaborate, screen-accurate paint job. Like our LDH Serenity, the Cutaway Serenity replica was created using the original 3-D effects files from the TV show, ensuring maximum accuracy for its scale.

But the real fun starts when you lift the upper hull sections, which attach securely to the lower half of the model using magnets. You can view the cockpit, main corridor and galley furnished with chairs, consoles, rugs and storage lockers. All the key elements of those sets are reproduced in the model, with some of the interior details measuring barely two millimeters.

The Serenity Cutaway Replica is made of polystone resin and is comprised of more than 200 hand-painted parts. It includes a premium display stand that will allow you to show off your favorite boat with pride.

Expected to ship by the end of Q2 2014, the Serenity Cutaway Replica is being offered in a numbered, limited edition of 2,000 for just $349.95.

https://store.qmxonline.com/Serenity-1250-Scale-Cutaway-Replica_p_263.html

Oh man! I've read about this a long time ago, can't believe it's finally happening. I doubt I could afford it this year and the import cost to outside the U.S would probably be insane. Looks like there is a power in the 'verse is stopping me from getting this. :(

:yess: Instant preorder for me, I always wanted the big damn replica but could never afford it, I am super happy they made this for us poor firefly fans :panic:

Nice to see a 'cheaper' version finally come out. I guess being able to lift the top off and see inside is nice, but wonder a bit at how it will all look just sitting together with maybe some seems.

Of course for me I'm all good, as I have a BDR and from looking at the QMx website recently it was a good move getting in at the start. It's now listed at $3.5k and production is currently suspended (I won't be too surprised if very few more are made and no way will 1000 ever be produced). I got mine for $2k.

It is cool looking but for the price I think it's kinda on the small side. But they do make it up a bit with all the amazing detail!

QMX finally does a higher end collectible that most of us here can afford. Beats QMX's typical pricing for stuff which usually costs as much as car. I really wanted their Nu-Trek/J.J. Abrams 2009 Entrerprise but giving up seven grand is just a little more than I can afford. Plus, its dare I say, outrageous.

QMx had this on display at SDCC. My son saw it and said it is incredible in person. Sent me lots of photos. Love it.
i've got mine on pre order from BBTS. Just the right size to display on my coffee table. Can't wait for second Quarter 2014.

Old Grandpa

QMx had this on display at SDCC. My son saw it and said it is incredible in person. Sent me lots of photos. Love it.
i've got mine on pre order from BBTS. Just the right size to display on my coffee table. Can't wait for second Quarter 2014.

Old Grandpa

Ahem. You know what to do.

Old Grandpa

That's good to here that it looks great in person :yess: Please post those sdcc pics, I would luv to see them :pray:

I found these pictures online, ones from qmx the other two might be from sdcc I'm not sure, I'm glad this is gonna come with a landing pad type of display base, but I wish it was more like the big damn replica base.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Old Grandpa

Please, post them!

Btw, what are the dimensions of the model, I know it's 12" long, how wide is it?

Please, post them!

Btw, what are the dimensions of the model, I know it's 12" long, how wide is it?

This is based off of the same 3d model as the big damn replica so it would be in scale with that. The bdr is 19 inches long by 12 inches wide so this cutaway version would be 12 inches long by about 7.5 to 8 inches wide.

Back