Noob from NY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbeltram4

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys. Actually never noticed this section before but figured since I just did, might as well introduce myself. My name is Jason and I've been a subscriber to SSC for a few years now but just recently decided to start collecting 1/6 figures, mainly from Hot Toys(although some of the SSC Star Wars are giving me the itch).

I've always been a huge comic book reader and began collecting seriously again around Marvels Annihilation crossover. With DC it's pretty much every Batman and Superman title along with all the Justice Leagues. For Indies I am def a junkie for Valliant and some Image titles.

Of course, with this love of comics comes a love of these movies we are treated to today. I feel like when I was a kid me and my friends would always talk about writing a scripts for Avengers movies and an Infinity Gauntlet movie, and now they're here and every time I walk into a theater I feel transported back to my childhood. I only wish I would've jumped on the HT figures sooner as now playing catch up is pretty expensive. But the journey is half the fun, right? I just have to thank my wonderful wife for not throwing me out when she sees these and hears what I spent. We always agree it's a better addiction than sniffing rails off of a hookers arse ;)

Anyhoot, thanks for stopping by and glad I stumbled across this fantastic community. Happy hunting!!

Welcome, Jason. I can tell you, I feel the exact same way about the new movies. These are fantastic times for us lovers of comics and superheroes (and sci-fi and fantasy, as well). Great times!

Hope you enjoy the board!

Welcome, Jason. I can tell you, I feel the exact same way about the new movies. These are fantastic times for us lovers of comics and superheroes (and sci-fi and fantasy, as well). Great times!

Hope you enjoy the board!

Thanks! It really is a treat to see these interpretations of comics and novels on the big screen today, isn't it?

Welcome mate. It is definitely a better addiction then lines lol lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed! We are lucky to live in times that allow for us to witness our favorite comics in real life adaptions. :)

I just hope my son appreciates em as much as we do...I wanna start him on the old 60s and 70s stuff so he can go they went from that to THIS lol! Kids have no idea what we had to sit through before these movies came out(as a child of the 80s, tho, Batman '66 and the old Hulk stuff is still a bucket of awesomesauce).

I just joined a couple days ago and just noticed this thread. My name is Audra and I'm from California. I first got started in the Marvel realm when I was a kid and my favorites at the time were X-Men and Spider-man. I started collecting action figures (however, since I was a kid I opened everything so I could play with it).

As an adult my horizons have expanded past X-Men and Spider-man and into other comics and movies. I was never an Avengers fan until the movie came out and now I have to say that is my favorite Marvel film so far. I'm addicted to the new show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I've also started reading all of the comics for Guardians of the Galaxy which I really like! My favorite Marvel anti-hero has to be Deadpool. He is just too hilarious not to love! With DC, I really only have one character I like and that is Wonder Woman. She is just awesome.

I'm just getting into collecting statues and Hot Toys. I got my first Hot Toy, Loki, a couple months ago and the detail was just amazing. So now I'm hooked on those. I have no PF statues as of yet, I'm in the middle of a loooooong search for the Exclusive Neytiri PF Statue that I must have for my collection! Avatar is by far my favorite movie and I have been collecting items since the movie came out. However, I was unable to obtain the Neytiri Statue due to lack of funds when she came out and she sold out before I had funds to purchase her (the life of a college student, at the time). I hope I can find someone who has her and is willing to sell her! The next PF in my sites is the PF Wonder Woman which I will PO as soon as it is available so I can avoid trying to find it second hand! I also collect Disney items, mainly things from Brave. I have my home office completely dedicated to the movie Brave including the room's color scheme!

Other hobbies besides collecting....archery, horses, and dance. That is about it for me!

I just joined a couple days ago and just noticed this thread. My name is Audra and I'm from California. I first got started in the Marvel realm when I was a kid and my favorites at the time were X-Men and Spider-man. I started collecting action figures (however, since I was a kid I opened everything so I could play with it).

As an adult my horizons have expanded past X-Men and Spider-man and into other comics and movies. I was never an Avengers fan until the movie came out and now I have to say that is my favorite Marvel film so far. I'm addicted to the new show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I've also started reading all of the comics for Guardians of the Galaxy which I really like! My favorite Marvel anti-hero has to be Deadpool. He is just too hilarious not to love! With DC, I really only have one character I like and that is Wonder Woman. She is just awesome.

I'm just getting into collecting statues and Hot Toys. I got my first Hot Toy, Loki, a couple months ago and the detail was just amazing. So now I'm hooked on those. I have no PF statues as of yet, I'm in the middle of a loooooong search for the Exclusive Neytiri PF Statue that I must have for my collection! Avatar is by far my favorite movie and I have been collecting items since the movie came out. However, I was unable to obtain the Neytiri Statue due to lack of funds when she came out and she sold out before I had funds to purchase her (the life of a college student, at the time). I hope I can find someone who has her and is willing to sell her! The next PF in my sites is the PF Wonder Woman which I will PO as soon as it is available so I can avoid trying to find it second hand! I also collect Disney items, mainly things from Brave. I have my home office completely dedicated to the movie Brave including the room's color scheme!

Other hobbies besides collecting....archery, horses, and dance. That is about it for me!

Welcome aboard! If you like the current GotG run, check out Marvels Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy run(then War of Kings, Realm of Kings, and Thanks Imperative) for, in my mind, the best run of cosmic Marvel ever.

Jbeltram4: Thanks for all the GOTG info! I actually have read all of the War of Kings and Realm of Kings. I think I probably should have read the others first since I was slightly lost but was able to catch up on most of it! I will definitely look into the others!

Back